Gumout Regane or Redline Si-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
I've used the Redline, but it has never done anything for me.

Well, we all know you're the ultimate authority.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I've used the Redline, but it has never done anything for me.

Well, we all know you're the ultimate authority.
grin2.gif

Yeah, I'm just ticked off as I spent $18 on two bottles, and you all know how cheap I am.

it's been a few years since I used the product, but I had a rough idle that the Redline SI-1 smoothed out in my old 92 Mitsu Mirage!

Last edited:
Ya especially if this is true??????????????????????????

Originally Posted By: Westerly
Actually Gumout Regane Complete Fuel System Cleaner has 40-60% PEA so it is the leader in containing this superior detergent.

Redline has no advantage over the Regane actually it has less of the PEA in its product.

Regane contains 30-40% of PEA.
Nowadays I use both of them confidently, the only difference they make is the engine may not like too much UCL because Redline comes with UCL and certain gas already comes with it.

In the first few times I use Redline, it is either under or over dosage, and Toyota 1NZ-Fe seems very sensitive about this and the result is less satisfactorily.
Nowadays I only go for shock dosage with 15 ounces/20 gallon dosage and run it at least 2 tankful and the result is great.

Maybe the XOM gas in my area is not that good, I can feel the slight performance decrease after 5000 km,that will be restored by Regane/SI-1.

I can't say which is a better product even though I've used both, but the first thing I did when I got my car was put in a bottle of Regane and filled up with 89. Since then, that tank has been the highest mpg I've gotten even with a couple times driving the same distance highway/city with 93 octane. It was only 2 mpg higher but something must be in there that did it.

The price difference between Regane and SI-1 is $1/bottle...

Not at the stores I 've been to. Usually it is at least 5 bucks or more difference. Redline is never on sale, at least I've never seen it on sale.

Then again most of the Chain auto parts stores have Regane on sale every other month and either BOGO or rebates that make Regane far and away t he best value for your money. PEA is PEA the solution percentage is very close between the two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back