GUMOUT MULTI SYSTEM SURPRISE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use fuel system cleaners (Techron or Gumout Regane) after every oil change. Both companies have told me over the phone, this is fine.

If carbon is filling your oil collection container, I'd use a different oil filter at much shorter intervals for a good while. Something isn't normal with your vehicle. Good luck and check back in.

http://imgur.com/gallery/UHWj6kt Ok guys im sorry i did not take a picture the first time . I sucked out another quart let it sit for a day and then dumped it . This bucket is about 9 inches wide to give you a perspective of size . That large chunk on side could not have been sucked up that way it must have come together while in bucket .
The first bucket which i didnt take a picture of was 4× as much . What im trying to point out is a stronger ratio to gas than stated on can really cleans crud up . Should be done a few days before oil change not AFTER .

I take great offense to being called s liar on this thread . Who do you think you are anyway ? Some moral King pin of bobistheoilguy ? Since you outright called me a liar I'm calling you a POS

I take great offense to being called s liar on this thread . Who do you think you are anyway ? Some moral King pin of bobistheoilguy ? Since you outright called me a liar I'm calling you a POS

Where was the carbon you saw the first time, and where was the "clean as a whistle" areas you saw with the borescope? I'm trying to visualize how you saw the valves through a spark plug hole, if that was what was cleaned by the additive.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
http://imgur.com/gallery/UHWj6kt Ok guys im sorry i did not take a picture the first time . I sucked out another quart let it sit for a day and then dumped it . This bucket is about 9 inches wide to give you a perspective of size . That large chunk on side could not have been sucked up that way it must have come together while in bucket .
The first bucket which i didnt take a picture of was 4× as much . What im trying to point out is a stronger ratio to gas than stated on can really cleans crud up . Should be done a few days before oil change not AFTER .

Kjmack,

I'm at a complete loss as to what this stuff could be... thanks for the pic.

Capture.PNG

The top of my pistons had a coating of carbon , It was not thick but it was a sheet of it . I put a borescope in and took a picture . I did the same the other day but did not take a picture , there was no carbon .I will try to find my dirty piston pic to post .

No problem, I was just reading your first post when you said:

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Borescope showed some carbon build up on intake valves, not horrible but there

And wondered how you saw that through the spark plug hole was all.

Piston https://imgur.com/gallery/Pvi8OCA Dirty piston . No picture of clean piston top but believe me it was spotless . Tomorrow I'm draining the oil out and thinking about spraying carb cleaner in drain hole then pour a couple of qts in to hopefully get crud off bottom of oil pan .

There was no possible way the raisin size chunks of carbon came through the suction tube , the carbon some how attached to each other after . I tried to pick up that large chunk with a flat screw driver and it just fell apart

I was wrong to post what I did. I meant to strongly refute that the sludge in your oil is due to your FI cleaner usage, which I still stand by; however, my post was disrespectful and I'm sorry for that.

I have no explanation for what you have in your bucket.

Do you always drain your oil into a clean white bucket? You're saying that you change your oil as frequently as you posted, but have never seen this before? That is extraordinary!

Originally Posted by gathermewool
I was wrong to post what I did. I meant to strongly refute that the sludge in your oil is due to your FI cleaner usage, which I still stand by; however, my post was disrespectful and I'm sorry for that.

I have no explanation for what you have in your bucket.

Do you always drain your oil into a clean white bucket? You're saying that you change your oil as frequently as you posted, but have never seen this before? That is extraordinary!

I'm sorry for calling you silly.

Apologies accepted guys , forget about it . LOL no i dont normally drain my oil in a white bucket . I used it because i wanted to measure what i took out so i could replace with correct amount .
I have never seen this before probably because i never used such a high concentration of gumout to fuel before , thats all i can come up with . Just to add i will no longer suck my oil out even though i only did 1 complete oil change that way . Sucking gets all the oil out but may leave crud on pan .

I will try to add something to the conversation...
You really should cut open your oil filter and see what is being caught in there. If there's evidence the filter is catching tons of stuff and potentially being clogged, and you decide to change your oil filter at 1k or 2k intervals, you should just change the oil as well. Yes I know that's super early but the oil's additive package may be depleted due to all the suspended carbon and gunk/whatnot that is only partially trapped by the filter. In other words, the oil is doing its job by holding all that stuff in suspension, but at the same time the oil additives may be getting used up very quickly. Just a suggestion. Hope this makes sense, and hope it helps you.

yeah I changed the oil yesterday , no surprises , when I sucked from the bottom of the pan the other day I must have got most of the carbon out . I did cut filter apart , cartridge type so it's easy to do . Learned my lesson don't use the cleaner after a recent oil change . Filter looked good also so that's that . Did a 30 Mile drive today and checked oil and it was clean on dip stick so that was nice to see . I did borescope oil pan also after draining oil and all internals looked shiney new .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back