Gumout complete fuel system cleaner snake oil NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Husquavarna two stroke weed whacker that is 8 years old. For the last year, after 10 minutes of running, it would idle high (like it was running lean or out of fuel) and when giving it gas, it would bog. I had to feed the trigger progressively for it not to stall. But no matter what, it would stall on me, and it took a good 5 minutes to get it running again. This only happened when the motor gets hot. I tried a new fuel filter, Seafoam, and Star Tron to no avail. Two weeks ago, I put The Gumout Complete Fuel System Cleaner (with PEA) with the correct ratio in my gas can I ran the weed whacker. After 10 minutes, it would idle high, but I didn't need to be so sensitive with the trigger. When I let go of the trigger, it did still idle high, but did not stall when I gave it fuel.

Today, after sitting for two weeks, I started up the weed whacker and began working on my lawn. After 10 minutes, the idle completely dropped after full throttle. I can go from not pulling the trigger to full on without any bogging whatsoever.I believe when the motor sat for 2 weeks is where the Gumout started doing its job. Over 30 minutes of use, and no problems. GUMOUT definitely does the job!!!!

I've treated both my wife's Rav4 and my GMC Sierrra with it as well for preventative maintenance.

KUDOS GUMOUT!!!

Keith 455
"LET'S JUST RIDE"

Last edited:
I had similar results with Red Line's FI cleaner on a chainsaw a neighbor had given up on and gave to me.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I had similar results with Red Line's FI cleaner on a chainsaw a neighbor had given up on and gave to me.

I am using this on my 18 YZ 450F for preventative maintenance 1 oz per 5 gal avfuel 100ll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back