Guests keep walking into my screen doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
They are black screens and hard to see, especially in the evening. I'd like to solicit ideas on what I can put on the screens to alert people. I'm looking for something practical and aesthetic.

I was tempted to look for a home decorating forum for this advice, but why not ask here?

Crime scene tape
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
Crime scene tape
grin2.gif

Not far off. OP all you need is a bar of some sort, at hand-pushing height, and they'll stop hitting the screen.

Grew up in a house with 6 kids, Dad went crazy replacing screens until he put up a double row of bars (1x2) across the doors, along with some 1/2" square wire mesh for reinforcement on the most used one.

In Baltimore, they paint scenes on the screens. Very decorative, lets the air through and makes them visible.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
Grew up in a house with 6 kids, Dad went crazy replacing screens until he put up a double row of bars (1x2) across the doors, along with some 1/2" square wire mesh for reinforcement on the most used one.

Still won't stop a dog!

Explain to your guests to be careful because each screen costs $1800 to repair/replace.
Glow-in-the-dark paint.
Don't allow them in the house.

Last edited:
Take the screen door dow , tape off the frame and spray paint them a decent shade of whatever you like and is more visible.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
A brightly-colored screen door magnet will do the trick.
Unless the screen door is Aluminum.

The magnets aren’t affixed to the door frame; you install them in pairs, on both sides of the screen material. They’re attracted to each other. The description in the link I provided explains that.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: JLTD

Still won't stop a dog!

LOL that's what the 1/2" mesh is for!
laugh.gif

My dog, she died, thought we had some sort of invisible force field on the rear deck slider door. She walked into it 3 times. After that, we had to carry her out. I walked into it once and so did my wife. Pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back