guess who is making BMW suspensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if a Kia/Hyundai supplier here in Ga. or over in Al. will be supplying the Volkswagen plant up in Chattanooga, Tn. If so I'm certain I'll see the railway service or the trucking traffic heading that way.

OK Hyundai Bashers, were waiting.....
23.gif

That's one of the reasons ACDelco and other American companies are in so much trouble. For example, the Koreans (not sure which company) underbid Valeo (Rochester, NY) at 5 bucks per electric window, so we lost the bid. That's a lot of Americans that were put out of work by Korean companies like this. This company shouldn't be hyped because they make parts for BMW. They're just part of the destruction of the American middle class. It's all about the bottom dollar, race to the bottom mentality. Americans shouldn't have to work for nothing while the execs make multi-million salaries. There needs to be tariffs in place to protect our industries and standard of living, because it's now starting to bite everybody.

Originally Posted By: cousincletus
That's one of the reasons ACDelco and other American companies are in so much trouble. For example, the Koreans (not sure which company) underbid Valeo (Rochester, NY) at 5 bucks per electric window, so we lost the bid. That's a lot of Americans that were put out of work by Korean companies like this. This company shouldn't be hyped because they make parts for BMW. They're just part of the destruction of the American middle class. It's all about the bottom dollar, race to the bottom mentality. Americans shouldn't have to work for nothing while the execs make multi-million salaries. There needs to be tariffs in place to protect our industries and standard of living, because it's now starting to bite everybody.

It's funny that you are quick to attack "foreigners" for making parts cheaper and causing the collapse of American jobs, yet I'm sure you are the first one on a deal at Walmart, or looking for the best bang for your buck aren't you?

It's a global economy and everyone needs to adjust, it's painful, but necessary...

I'm just as guilty. We all have been squeezed over the years for more taxes and less pay and need our dollar to go further and thus resulted in us being more deal oriented and this has only made the situation worse and forced jobs off shore... It's our own fault as a result of being squeezed to the max by the rich.

So you can blame the rich and yourself, not the people able to undercut other companies... You can't have your cake and eat it to my friend!

StevieC - you make good points there. I can see the Global Economy argument but to me that should mean selling items made in your own country abroad. But the almighty dollar and greed won't allow for this. We werea strong country once before global was the buzzword. Now that we have it, we're poor.

That's a lot of Americans that were put out of work by Korean companies like this.

While I don't want to get into a debate about this, doesn't it seem a little specious to say that by underbidding the American companies, the Korean company "put Americans out of work?" Or to take the nationality out of the picture, if Company A underbids Company B on a contract, do Company B's employees now get to blame Company A for putting them out of a job?

BMW isn't an American company anyway, so I'm not sure what the argument is here. If this has been GM using Hyundai for suspension components, though, I would think the appropriate entity to complain about would be GM, not Hyundai.

If competition is the "American way" and I have a right to try to make my employer's operation more efficient so we can offer a better value to our customers, I don't see why that right shouldn't be extended to other companies, too...

I think it's we have had it too good for too long in the Americas and now we are having to adjust to the Global Economy and New World Order of the rich. It's hard to swallow but it's happening.

I hate that everyone blames "foreign" companies for this when they should be blaming the 2% of the worlds population that hold 98% of the wealth. Like the Walton family!

It's the rich wanting control and this is how they are doing it... They are squeezing the heck out of the middle class so that there are only 2 classes, the Poor & Rich. So they will have all the money/power to control us.

They are doing it by distracting us with all these fancy cars, big houses, and a whole bunch more material items until they slowly extract all the cash right out of us and we find ourselves one day their servants begging for a morsil of food.

It's happening, just no one seems to see it... The American dream is nothing more than a distraction while they empty our pockets while trying to achieve it.
wink.gif

WWIII is on the horizon...

Originally Posted By: rationull
That's a lot of Americans that were put out of work by Korean companies like this.

While I don't want to get into a debate about this, doesn't it seem a little specious to say that by underbidding the American companies, the Korean company "put Americans out of work?" Or to take the nationality out of the picture, if Company A underbids Company B on a contract, do Company B's employees now get to blame Company A for putting them out of a job?

BMW isn't an American company anyway, so I'm not sure what the argument is here. If this has been GM using Hyundai for suspension components, though, I would think the appropriate entity to complain about would be GM, not Hyundai.

If competition is the "American way" and I have a right to try to make my employer's operation more efficient so we can offer a better value to our customers, I don't see why that right shouldn't be extended to other companies, too...

BMW isn't an American company, but don't you think the products they sell here could be made here? The USA, after all, has the market everybody wants.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

It's funny that you are quick to attack "foreigners" for making parts cheaper and causing the collapse of American jobs, yet I'm sure you are the first one on a deal at Walmart, or looking for the best bang for your buck aren't you?

It's a global economy and everyone needs to adjust, it's painful, but necessary...

I'm just as guilty. We all have been squeezed over the years for more taxes and less pay and need our dollar to go further and thus resulted in us being more deal oriented and this has only made the situation worse and forced jobs off shore... It's our own fault as a result of being squeezed to the max by the rich.

So you can blame the rich and yourself, not the people able to undercut other companies... You can't have your cake and eat it to my friend!

I don't shop at Walmart, and the foreigners are at an unfair advantage. It seems like everyone benefits from this global economy except for the USA.

Walmart was an example... Insert the retailer of your choice... And you like every other American and Canadian are all about spending as little as possible trying to gain an advantage and save your money but it's screwing over our countries in the process.

It's unfair, but we are forced to cause it because the rich are moving us like the good pawns the we are!
wink.gif

*puts on tin foil hat*

i don't really care where a product is sourced from as long as it is of high quality. i don't think ive ever purchased USA made tyres, brakes or suspension dampeners. its not that the USA made stuff wasn't up to par, its that the foreign (read German/French) made stuff was better, even when i had my mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back