Guess Im not American after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, friend told me that I'm not AMerican because I never watched any of the Rocky Films.. thats BS. Today Was the first day I did my lawn with a Craftsman Riding lawnmower. My lawn mowing techniques are usually sloppy. I don't have a rear bag, so i use the circular technique. as you can see in the picture.. my lawn mowing job is sloppy while my nieghbors are beautiful.. What the **** man. They say im not American because I do a sloppy job mowing the lawn. geez... Any ideas?

My yard:

-

My nieghbors:

-

i'd tell them to go and... well let's not go there. I love the crosshatch lawn mowing technique, but it's really impossible unless you use a push mower, IMO.

Your lawn doesn't look terrible, and it's all nice and cut. That's what I care about.

I used to work for a dealership that fixed some of the equipment at Candlestick park, I talked to the groundskeeper on how the crosshatch was done,they used a roller that bent the grass .

Drink 2 cold beers after you finish the lawn and recycle them back to your lawn in their liquid nitrogen, state. That's AMERICAN!
cheers.gif

I just realized that you are a Veteran! Tell them to kiss your a$$! Your lawn is fine, what do you have, a bunch of Lawn Nazis, as neighbors? That's AMERICAN!

patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
patriot.gif

[ October 10, 2005, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: pastmaster ]

I'd just flip them "the bird" and tell 'em to shove it. they should be happy you mow your lawn, both of my neighbors park their cars on their lawn.

I don't care what kind of a lawn you have, you are a Vet and that makes you a great American!

Heck, the yards no biggie. Its just grass afterall. You served our country honorably. In my book that says how much of a true AMERICAN you are. How many of those so called snobby neighbors have served this country. I would bet not many.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
Crap, at least you are mowing it regularlly, and I guess not at 7 AM sunday.

why not 7am Sunday??? get's 'em up for church....sounds to me like they could use some churchin'

wink.gif

So who has a neighbor they would trade for Korean Redneck? The guy that moved away from next door to me would serve them right. If I knew just where he went, I would have sent the neighbors there a smypathy card.

Edited to add, it is pretty good here now. The most disturbing thing are a couple of for sale signs. Bound to lose ground.

quote:

both of my neighbors park their cars on their lawn.

Everyone in my neighborhood parks on their lawns. Why? We have no driveways. Soil, (sand) is so well drained, you can drive and park anywhere, and most people do.

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
So who has a neighbor they would trade for Korean Redneck?

I would except he would make me look bad.

On one side of me are lakeside lots that are about a million bucks each. On the other side is a character that has his garage converted to a bedroom, parks his Excursion on the driveway, a car and a pick-up on the street and his two BEATER work trucks in his front "yard".

I guess once the snow falls he will park the car & pick-up in the yard also as vehicles blocking snow plows get towed (no street parking).

I'd trade him for Korean Redneck ANY DAY!

patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Korean_redneck:
My lawn mowing techniques are usually sloppy. I don't have a rear bag, so i use the circular technique. as you can see in the picture..

My dad usually bags his grass, but he uses the same circular pattern and his mowing job looks just like yours. We've mowed the yard the same way now for 35 yrs, originally with a push mower, now he's on his 3rd riding mower.

My Boy,

Don't bag the grass! Mulch it if your mower has that function. Recycle the nutrients and save your time.

You ever seen a farmer bag anything? NO! He returns it to the land.
patriot.gif

If I had a yard that big I would seriously consider getting a couple sheep.

Hey, the only thing I do to my yard is mow it. By not watering and fertlizing it, it grows less so I don't have to mow it so often. This summer I managed to not mow for about 6 to 8 weeks in a row.

Weeds in a lawn are good, they cover up bare soil and are the greenest thing in the lawn when a droughty summer turns the lawn brown. If the lawn dies, no problem, the thatch will hold the soil for a couple years, then just spread seed and straw in the fall and let it be.

^^ Yeah well, we don't water or fertilize our yard either.. my neighbor does. Haha,, today there Dog pooped on my yard,, i took a shovel and I put the poop on there Honda Truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back