GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was updating my signature (bought a new used 02 Grand Caravan)and came to realize that 2 of 3 vehicles I own are currently on GTX. So far the the 09 fusion loves it! (first dino run with the ford 2.3L, I leased an 06 fusion and ran nothing but syn in it) The Caravan sounds the same as it did with the bulk dealership dino. Any opinions on the GTX for a RX run? It was that or quaker state 10W-30. I still have to chose between the two for the rinse cycle as I have another jug of GTX 5W-30 in the stash.
I was really happy to find that the oil cap on the caravan said 5W-30. Why you ask...I bought a case of UFA Polar Plus (ESSO XD3) and really wanted to use it on something other than the truck
LOL.gif

Last edited:
You may be the only person on earth that ran synthetic in a leased vehicle. You are truly a sick man.

Between GTX and QS I prefer QS. I have had cars than burn zero oil begin burning oil on GTX so I avoid it.

You are definitely an oil junkie if you ran syn in a leased vehicle, wow! I personally really like GTX, it's my favorite dino oil, and have used it for years in a variety of vehicles.

I am using GTX in my Durango. It is mixed 5/1 with Syntec 5w-30. Truck likes it alot. I bought quite a bit since it was on sale at Wally's some time ago. I will be using GTX for some time to come.

Originally Posted By: Alex38
You are definitely an oil junkie if you ran syn in a leased vehicle, wow!

Thank you
LOL.gif

Looking back maybe the car should have got a 70k OCI on mobil 1 5w-20. The next owner is gonna get a well taken care of car, thats for sure. I am buying this one so its getting babied BIG time!!!

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
You may be the only person on earth that ran synthetic in a leased vehicle. You are truly a sick man.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tuckman
Originally Posted By: Alex38
You are definitely an oil junkie if you ran syn in a leased vehicle, wow!

Thank you
LOL.gif

Looking back maybe the car should have got a 70k OCI on mobil 1 5w-20. The next owner is gonna get a well taken care of car, thats for sure. I am buying this one so its getting babied BIG time!!!

I would have pulled a "rental car" kind of service on it...
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back