GTX "tri shield" SN rated conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive that since the oil companys need to change the artwork on their bottles in order to show that their product meets the new SN/GF-5 spec, they may also want to change other wording and labeling as well. Some companys may only change minor wording but, if contracts are ending with, whom ever does the bottle printing/artwork and the current labeling has served/outlived it's purpose, the oil companys may want to change the whole look of the "NEW" product with a redesign and add in some choice wording such as "Tri-Shield" or as with with laundry soap...New & Improved! They don't always tell ya what is "NEW" or "TRI" about the product.

I saw this as well. It also says "part synthetic" on the bottle. Of course Castrol's website and data sheets provide hardly any information about the new formula.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I saw this as well. It also says "part synthetic" on the bottle. Of course Castrol's website and data sheets provide hardly any information about the new formula.

Drew? Part synthetic on the conventional Castrol GTX bottle? it does say that? where?

Originally Posted By: Mark72
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Drew? Part synthetic on the conventional Castrol GTX bottle? it does say that? where?

Oops, my apology. The part synthetic is on the GTX high mileage bottles, not the conventional bottles.

DARN!!! i WAS GETTING EXCITED
Makes me wonder though if conventional oil is part syn anyway

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark72
DARN!!! i WAS GETTING EXCITED
Makes me wonder though if conventional oil is part syn anyway
Probably not. They wouldn't pass up the marketing opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back