GTL Process--->Quaker State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Pennzoil & Quaker State are some what of a embred family.
My question is does Shell use the GTL technology within the QS brands?

I thought I read a while back where they did.

It's been suggested via independent lab tests conducted by the PQIA that very low volatility basestocks have found their way into the lowest range of PZ and QS products. Natural Gas GTLs have outstandingly low volatility. This occurred during a time when the price of oil was high; a 'normal' situation. Since then, oil prices have plummeted and a subsequent independent test of a PYB 5w30 showed an average NOACK %. One could be led to logically assume that PZ reverted back to standard baseoils during this time simply due to economy. Now with the price of oil climbing back up, SOPUS may deem it smart business to return to their excess of GTL coming out of Pearl. It's worth it to keep an eye out on future PYB analyses to see if that holds true.

Originally Posted By: -SyN-

Hello -SyN-, Just wanted to jump an clarify that Shell does not use the GTL technology within the Quaker State synthetic oil brands. Hope this helps! - The Quaker State Team

Originally Posted By: GitaGidwani

Hello -SyN-, Just wanted to jump an clarify that Shell does not use the GTL technology within the Quaker State synthetic oil brands. Hope this helps! - The Quaker State Team

Thank you for your comment.

The hard to get answer, what base or blend does Q.S. use? It is has interesting qualities.

Originally Posted By: CT8

The hard to get answer, what base or blend does Q.S. use? It is has interesting qualities.

Does any Shell product still use XHVI?

From the horse's mouth.
I would have bet that QSUD and PP used the same basestocks.
I would have been wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back