GT Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody ever hear of this company? They are an Indonesian tire company called Gajah Tunggal (hence the name "GT"). Has anybody ever used these tires, and if so how were they?

Last edited:
Not sure, but I've seen them on quite a few cars around here

Just a few cars I've seen them on:

Cavalier
Sunfire
Fusion
Civic
Impy
Focus

they seem to be low end of the market, and made in china (at least the ones i've seen). I know that does not guarantee poor quality but...

Originally Posted By: crinkles
they seem to be low end of the market, and made in china (at least the ones i've seen). I know that does not guarantee poor quality but...

The Gajah Tunggal company is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. I don't think it would make sense to make their tires in China, as Indonesia has raw materials and cheap labor.

I had a pair on the '91 Jetta that I owned a few years ago. They seemed to be OK as low priced tires go.

Andrew S.

You can go cheap with oil, filters, alcohol and even your women - BUT come on, now...don't mess with cheap and no-name tires!

Your life is riding on 4 rubber patches to the pavement.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
You can go cheap with oil, filters, alcohol and even your women - BUT come on, now...don't mess with cheap and no-name tires!

Your life is riding on 4 rubber patches to the pavement.

Well, I guess people have to learn somehow...

I think it also depends on what kind of car, and size of the tires.

My Cavs run on 195/70/14s, which are pretty wide tires on a smaller car. That, and a small size.

I could get away with cheaper tires, which someone with a minivan with 16s should not....

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
Originally Posted By: crinkles

The Gajah Tunggal company is headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia. I don't think it would make sense to make their tires in China, as Indonesia has raw materials and cheap labor.

maybe just for our market... i wouldn't be surprised, plus, it said so on the sidewall when i had a look at the tyre shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back