Group III Synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf's Head was originally headquarted in Oil City, Pennsylvania. Like many others they claimed to have a superior product by their use of Pennsylvania Parrifin crude. I haven't seen any of their products in a long time.

My uncle used to swear by Wolf's Head. It's all he ever used, and back in the fifties and sixties he used to rack up impressive mileage (for the time) on his engines, we're talking 200k + back when the average life-span of a motor was less than 100k.

Here, it was marketed as the "cheap" oil in the Pennzoil/QS family. I quit seeing it around about twenty years ago but I used to run it quite a bit, even after I'd shied away from Pennzoil/QS.

I saw it a few years ago at a auto repair shop. he carried wolf's head ATF for older cars (I think it wa a dex III fluid).

Never used it or saw it anyplace else, buthe had cases.

i think it was the "value" product from Pennzoil for a while.

Just to follow up, Johnny, that former Pennzoil refinery in Shreveport that's now run by Calumet blew up on Thursday.
crazy2.gif

Well, not the whole thing, but someone involved in transferring the sour water (or something like that) had their truck overheat and catch fire parked right next to the tank. It ignited fumes and the whole thing went "Boom!" A huge cloud of black smoke billowed out for about 6 hrs. No one seriously hurt, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back