Groundhog day! Phil did NOT see his shadow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. Looks like good 'ol Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this morning.. Predicting an early spring! I sure hope so!
banana2.gif

https://www.foxnews.com/us/groundho...-see-his-shadow-predicts-an-early-spring

Fall season here was cold. So usually when that happens, 60s and 70s are in-store for April. So an early spring for the areas surrounding Pennsylvania makes sense.

Good job Phil!

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Says doesn't see his shadow, but as a foxnews reader, you can read into it whatever you want... j/k

ha! thanks, I corrected it.. meant to say he DID not see his shadow.. was so excited for spring, i messed that up! lol

Phil must be tame....I caught a few groundhogs with a Have-a-Heart trap and they hiss like crazy.....

"Is it sunny or overcast when the sun rises on this particular day?" is essentially what this all is. The rodents just keep the bizarre ritual palatable.

Sincerely,

Bill Murray waking up for the 100th time

If you want another weather wives' tale that seems more reliable, how about, "if it rains Easter Sunday, it will rain the next seven Sundays." The weather does seem to get into a 7-day repeating pattern from about March 1 to mid-May.

Sad to say our local ground hog, "Stonewall Jackson", at Space Farms in NW NJ did see his shadow
frown.gif
. Of course his predictions are about as accurate as the "Weather Channel"s" have been
lol.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Fall season here was cold. So usually when that happens, 60s and 70s are in-store for April. So an early spring for the areas surrounding Pennsylvania makes sense.

Good job Phil!

Hope you're right about that.
The first week in October here was quite warm and I was in shorts and sandals.
A week later, we were having to heat the house, two or three weeks earlier than would typically be the case.
We'd all love to see an early spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back