Grooves in brake pads

I last did the front brakes on our 04 Escape - 180k back in 2018 with 161k, so it hasn't been that long. Not sure when noticed it first but the brakes for a while didn't seem to grab as you'd expect, in the last month it got way worse so tore it apart today. Heavy groves on the drivers inner side smaller groves on the passenger. Everything seemed to free and still alot of lube on the pins. I didn't change the rotors just the pads last time but I can't recall if there was groves on the old pads. The rotors have over 80k.

I ordered Raybestos coated rotors and new pins, I'll get the boots local. Before I put it back together and ideas what caused the groves? I'd like this to be the last brake job!

brake2.jpg

brake1.jpg

Just from the pictures, new pads and rotors and clean the corrosion from the back of the wheels where it mounts to the hub flange and put a thin coat of anti seize on the wheel flange and center hole. JM2C
That's the plan. Don't look like I did anything wrong last time except should of got new rotors.

I would use the Elements 2 pads and rotors, Just looking at how the pads are done on some of them now you can tell they were designed for their rotors, they have almost like a bastard file surface finish on them to quickly remove the coating where the pads make contact.

Back