Grit at the bottom of Valvoline wb jug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the oil in my gf`s car with Valvoline white bottle 10W40 (5 quart jug from Walmart) and noticed that the half quart left in the jug had this small gravel/particle looking stuff floating around at the very bottom. W-t-f is that stuff????? I just emailed Valvoline about it. I`ve never seen this with any oil I`ve bought at auto parts stores. Made me think about the old posts about people asking if Walmart sells substandard oils.

What do y`all think? Anything I should be worried about or am I over reacting?

I get this all the time with Pennzoil Platinum and never had any engine problems or UOA problems. Nothing to worry about.
thumbsup2.gif

There's always a bit of something in the bottom. I've never paid any attention to it. Try filtering through a paper towel and it will probably disappear.

They claim you don't have to shake oil. I always do, and never noticed anything out of the ordinary that I can remember.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I get this all the time with Pennzoil Platinum and never had any engine problems or UOA problems. Nothing to worry about.
thumbsup2.gif

Ditto. Additive fallout. I've seen it on jugs only a couple of months old. If you're a basket case like me you'll shake your jugs periodically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back