Grit at the bottom of Valvoline wb jug.

I changed the oil in my gf`s car with Valvoline white bottle 10W40 (5 quart jug from Walmart) and noticed that the half quart left in the jug had this small gravel/particle looking stuff floating around at the very bottom. W-t-f is that stuff????? I just emailed Valvoline about it. I`ve never seen this with any oil I`ve bought at auto parts stores. Made me think about the old posts about people asking if Walmart sells substandard oils. What do y`all think? Anything I should be worried about or am I over reacting?

I get this all the time with Pennzoil Platinum and never had any engine problems or UOA problems. Nothing to worry about. \:\!

There's always a bit of something in the bottom. I've never paid any attention to it. Try filtering through a paper towel and it will probably disappear.

They claim you don't have to shake oil. I always do, and never noticed anything out of the ordinary that I can remember.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I get this all the time with Pennzoil Platinum and never had any engine problems or UOA problems. Nothing to worry about. \:\!
Ditto. Additive fallout. I've seen it on jugs only a couple of months old. If you're a basket case like me you'll shake your jugs periodically.