Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 on the SRT - Thank you Rand!

It's a good product, and the ease of application would handily compensate for any shortfall in durability, which it doesn't lack.

Anyone in the market should check the store shelves for the free-bonus sized promo packaging. I think it was +10 or 15% over the normal 22 oz. I saw them at both ORAP and AutoZone.

One thing I do especially before winter is that I apply the Griots 3in1 and after a week or so give the car a wash and apply another coat. That gives plenty of time for the first coat to cure. Griots says 24 hours. I have noticed much better durability with two coats.

Yes. I just haven’t bought it yet.

Yeah they are just off I-5 a few minutes at the Tacoma Mall exit if you are ever driving by. Maybe you know this. I've found they are often cheaper than the website in the store, and/or often give a "good guy" discount if you are personable and talk with them.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/ceramic-all-in-one-wax/

I may pick some of this up next time I am in the area.

Yeah they are just off I-5 a few minutes at the Tacoma Mall exit if you are ever driving by. Maybe you know this. I've found they are often cheaper than the website in the store, and/or often give a "good guy" discount if you are personable and talk with them.

Yep. They took an old Coca Cola bottling plant and really cleaned it up with the white and red paint scheme. I like their car collection they have on display.

It’s one bright spot in that area.

Yep. They took an old Coca Cola bottling plant and really cleaned it up with the white and red paint scheme. I like their car collection they have on display.

It’s one bright spot in that area.

LoL, that's for sure.

There's a saying across the bridge. "Poor Gig Harbor. So far from God, so close to Tacoma."

(with credit to Porforio Diaz).

If it strikes you, let me know in advance and if I'm available I'll meet you there. I need that stuff and also I need to get a car key programmed at a lock shop over there; something I can't get done most places. I've been meaning to do that for about nine months so maybe this would actually make me do that. ;)

I haven't been there in a year so I'm sure the collection is rotated and it would be interesting to see, at a minimum.

Not really interested in that product its a wax with swirl correction
vastly different from the 3in1 spray

Plenty of those out there.

The spray hits the trifecta of Ease of use, durability, and shine.

The Griot's 3 in 1 is one of the best Sio2 spray products in the $20-$30 range. I will say @The Critic Tec582 is an even better value and performer for the money.

Maybe of interest. I think I posted this before:

"One thing to keep in mind is the Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax is an SiO2 infused, sprayable wax. Most, if not all of the sprayable infused ceramic waxes on the market do not typically have a measurement of contact angle as that is most commonly used in marketing with a high solids ceramic coating. That being said, in our testing we found that many of the high solids coatings on the market significantly underperform when comparing the tested contact angle to the one marketed by the company. For example, one of the industry leading ceramic coatings claims to have a 110 degree contact angle and in our testing it was only 100.6. In our testing against industry leading high solid ceramic coatings, Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax saw the second highest increase in contact angle compared to a surface with no protection and beat out 20 of the high solids ceramic coatings that we tested. In our lab testing Ceramic 3-in-1 performed with a 99.5 degree contact angle and was outperformed by only 8 of the 28 total high solids coatings that were tested. Again, keep in mind that all 28 coatings tested were high solid, vile-applied, ceramic coatings that are priced at $60 or more retail."

One thing I do especially before winter is that I apply the Griots 3in1 and after a week or so give the car a wash and apply another coat. That gives plenty of time for the first coat to cure. Griots says 24 hours. I have noticed much better durability with two coats.
I concur this. 2 coats is highly recommended.

I absolutely love the Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic wax. Just did a quickie 10 minute wax job this afternoon, and it looks like this:
(I swear, the truck did not look that good when new, now 180,000 miles!) (no rust issues here, there is not a spot of corrosion anywhere on it)

I used the 3 in 1 paste to buff out a few scratches down low, where mama had a run in with our gate. Otherwise the truck is coated with the spray wax.

2009 F150:

sWSSB2j.jpg

Last edited:
Agree. This is a great product. It’s my go-to now. Subsequent washes are faster and the subsequent coatings are better as well. A little can be made to go a long way. Also works fine on glass… spray the whole car.

I absolutely love the Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic wax. Just did a quickie 10 minute wax job this afternoon, and it looks like this:
(I swear, the truck did not look that good when new, now 180,000 miles!) (no rust issues here, there is not a spot of corrosion anywhere on it)

I used the 3 in 1 paste to buff out a few scratches down low, where mama had a run in with our gate. Otherwise the truck is coated with the spray wax.

2009 F150:

sWSSB2j.jpg
that has to be the best 2009 f150 I've ever seen......wow...

I bought some recently and did the recommended two coats in two days on my 2020 Pilot and 2022 Accprd. So far I am really happy with it.

but will it go on and off as well and streak free on dark paint?

I have that new turtle wax that has graphene in it and its a spray wax.. took more effect to do half my hood than half the car with griots product.
I have learned that you have to use more product than they reccomend. Easier to get it off without streaking.

Back