Griot's Ceramic 3-in-1 on the SRT - Thank you Rand!

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
@Rand is a ridiculously generous person. He sends me "Rand Brand" coffee periodically, brought my @High Performance Lubricants oil up here for me, and now this!

He was telling me about how he was detailing his Subaru with this 3-in-1 product and I remarked I didn't even know if we had it in Canada. He checked the price on it on Amazon up here and was like "whoa, you guys are getting boned!" (I'm paraphrasing here) which is accurate, we usually are/do.

Then I got a weird Amazon shipping notification. Didn't think much of it, thought my wife had bought something. Then, I saw that it had his name on it. :unsure:

Well, this showed up:
Image_20221002_145237_806.jpeg

First time using it, seems to work quite well:
Image_20221002_151948_892.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

He said it lasts like 3-4 months, which is great, will get me through most of the winter.

Application took a little getting onto, but I think I have it figured now.

@buster said it is one of the more durable products out there. I believe him. I have never used it, personally.

I did the same thing to buster earlier this year, but for a different product. He refused to try it, so I had a gallon sent to him. :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking of a ceramic wax for a small boat hull. Hmm, maybe that. More durable = More better and likely worth the premium. I love their engine dressing.

Their store/showroom is not far from me, maybe I'll pop in next time I'm that way.

BTW, this is in their store/showroom, a rotating collection:

Attachments

• IMG-3907.jpg
    IMG-3907.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-3908.jpg
    IMG-3908.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 45
The Griot's 3 in 1 ceramic spray wax is great. Durability is awesome. However, it does lack the beading properties compared to the current Turtle Wax ceramic spray wax.

The water does not roll off the paint fast as the TW ceramic spray wax.

As for bird droppings, maybe a slight edge on the TW ceramic spray wax.

Hey I'm not trying to be a punching bag for everyone, but if you guys love the Griot stuff and you don't live in a country with free access to trade, an honest commitment to civil rights, and doesn't use horses to trample peaceful protestors, hit me up (aka, you are @OVERKILL). I can pick stuff up there and send it to you. I'm not promising to subsidize your weird car fetish, but I can get and send stuff abroad easily for core members at cost if you want. Griot's is in Tacoma and I'm not far away.

It's decent stuff. I do notice it doesn't bump up the gloss like my usual Collinite, but makes a good booster in between coatings. By itself I got about 2.5 months out of it before the beading decreased dramatically.

@Rand is a ridiculously generous person. He sends me "Rand Brand" coffee periodically, brought my @High Performance Lubricants oil up here for me, and now this!

He was telling me about how he was detailing his Subaru with this 3-in-1 product and I remarked I didn't even know if we had it in Canada. He checked the price on it on Amazon up here and was like "whoa, you guys are getting boned!" (I'm paraphrasing here) which is accurate, we usually are/do.

Then I got a weird Amazon shipping notification. Didn't think much of it, thought my wife had bought something. Then, I saw that it had his name on it. :unsure:

Well, this showed up:
View attachment 119498

First time using it, seems to work quite well:
View attachment 119499
View attachment 119500

He said it lasts like 3-4 months, which is great, will get me through most of the winter.

Application took a little getting onto, but I think I have it figured now.
The application took some time for me as well. The product works well, especially when time is limited. Keeping it from streaking is a challenge

My first choice is still a Griot’s 3-1 Wax or Premium Carnauba.

Another vote for Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic wax. Did our car four months ago. Did one maintenance wash last month using Griots Ceramic Wash and Wax and it is still sparkling and beading. Car does stay garaged and it isn't used much since both me and my wife are retired.

FWIW, Griot's is working on a high solids coating. All their products are made in-house by their own chemists too.

Hey I'm not trying to be a punching bag for everyone, but if you guys love the Griot stuff and you don't live in a country with free access to trade, an honest commitment to civil rights, and doesn't use horses to trample peaceful protestors, hit me up (aka, you are @OVERKILL). I can pick stuff up there and send it to you. I'm not promising to subsidize your weird car fetish, but I can get and send stuff abroad easily for core members at cost if you want. Griot's is in Tacoma and I'm not far away.
shipping is the worst
Yes they get boned on the currency and products sometimes cost even more
but the shipping is terrible.

There are exceptions
Cheap blue Washer fluid is now 4.99 to 2 for 12$ USD here good stuff is 5.xx CAD up there.

You would be looking at probably 25$ to ship a bottle of griots to Overkill.
Amazon.ca still a bargain vs that.

That is good stuff. They now have that in a cream which will be a squeak more durable than the spray.

I believe that cream formula has a polishing component in it. Something to be aware of.

If this is the product then yes it does.

Reactions: JC1
Another vote for Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic wax. Did our car four months ago. Did one maintenance wash last month using Griots Ceramic Wash and Wax and it is still sparkling and beading. Car does stay garaged and it isn't used much since both me and my wife are retired.

I’m looking for this as my current car wash is empty.

Back