Green GC still out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, after hearing all the great things about GC, I thought I'd go out and get some. I'm still 4K miles away from my next oil change, but I figured I might check out a few AZ's around me to see if I could land any of the remaining GREEN stuff. To my surprise, I was able to find 17 quarts between two stores near my house.

One location had:
6 qts. - M042806
1 qt. - M040236

The other location had (now this is the really surprising part):
10 qts. - M030426

I was completely blown away that the one location still had a stash from '03.

So like I said, I now have 17 qts. of the GREEN stuff. If I can find one more quart, that will get me 4 oil changes.

By the way, I have a '00 Grand Am GT with about 96K miles on it. I've used Mobil 1 5w30 since about 15K. I get a lot of lifter noise with my engine so that's one of my reasons for switching. Also, my intake gasket was replaced under warranty (although, I never had a leak). My engine burns 0 oil too. I've had one UOA done on my Mobil 1 and the only thing that came back that wasn't normal were high amounts of lead.

I'll get a UOA of the GREEN stuff somewhere down the road and compare it to my Mobil 1 UOA and see how it looks.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell ya I am now part of the cult...err, club!

cheers.gif

I'd probably buy a few from ya if that was the case.

But why would you would sell it? Is the M03 not as good?

Nothing wrong with the stuff other than I'm finding it a little thick in the -30C Winter days here. I could use it up in the warmer months but am planning a Redline 5/30 conversion to both our daily drivers due to the recent purchase of an 06 4Runner Sport 4.7L, and won't need an oil change in between.

"Nothing wrong with the stuff other than I'm finding it a little thick in the -30C Winter days here."

I am surprised pscholte that you didnt jump all over this! Isnt a temp such as -30 C (ie -22 F) perfect for the successful use of GC?

"'Nothing wrong with the stuff other than I'm finding it a little thick in the -30C Winter days here.'

'I am surprised pscholte that you didnt jump all over this! Isnt a temp such as -30 C (ie -22 F) perfect for the successful use of GC?'"

Bg, consider this jumped all over. The Elves did indeed brew GC for just such conditions...I think 7TFord must have accidentally poured a little overcooked Maple syrup in his filler cap
wink.gif

quote:

Yeah I found some M04 in a nearby AZ and was happy. I had to dig it out BEHIND all M0503 gold stuff. It had dust on the bottles.

I just did the same thing last night. I stopped at an AZ and the first 7-8 qts. were Gold, but in the far back I finally found 10 qts. of 04, 03, & 02.

hey mshu7, are you a member of grandamgt.com? ur screenname looks familiar. btw, look out for some of that 02 stuff, some of it is US made!

Teambeechstreet, yes I am a memeber there and I know I've seen you over there in the past. I used to be on there all the time (more as a reader than a poster). I don't go there much anymore though. I actually need to go post a message over there soon though. I damaged the passenger side dash pannel that covers the airbag and I'm not sure if I can just order a new panel and replace it myself or not.

Anyway, all the green GC I've found here recently will be going in the GA. I have enough now for 6 oil changes so I should be set for a couple years...lol.

I know what you're saying about the 02 stuff. I'm almost positive it was from Germany. It was green so hopefully I'm still good. I did see the yellow-label bottles and left those behind since they weren't made in Germany. I only have a few bottles of the 02 and a few 03. Most of my stash is 04. I'm up to 27 bottles total right now of everything.

I can't wait to try this stuff out. I'm at ~97K on my GA and I'll be doing an oil change at 100K (along with a tune-up). I've been using Mobil1 5w30 since 15K and my engine is spotless. But the 3.4 chatters so much I thought I'd give this a try since it's a thicker oil. Even if it doesn't quiet the lifters down I'll keeping using it just because it gets such great UOA's.

See ya 'round!

I went on a 4 store GC hunt yesterday and managed to find 15 quarts of mixed 03/04 vintage. I was trying to get my 5x$20 gift card card punched by buying GC and Exxon $5 gallons on sale. Also, they had STP oil filters on sale.Found 10 bottles of Green in one store WAYYYYY behind the 0531 stuff. The cashier let me ring it up twice and so I got my gift card. Went to the next AZ and got my next oil FOR FREE
smile.gif

I went looking for the newest batches of GC today, the ones with the MB 229.5 rating on the label. I went to five Autozones. Ich habe es nicht gefunden. Ich bin traurig.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back