Green GC M04 0w30, 7550miles 2002 Ford Focus Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ya Everyone,
Well I finally finished the long and satisfying process of an AutoRX treatment, and now have my first ever oil analysis.
fruit.gif

So let me first start by saying thanks to all you guys,
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
who make this site what it is. I've learned so much from this site from tires to mechanics, I've done my front brakes on the focus, and it was great, to 303 protectant to AutoRX, LC and FP60. I've spent many long nights reading posts and more posts, that I was dreaming reading posts. So again THANKS
worshippy.gif

Now for the oil analysis:
2002 Ford Focus Wagon SE with 93000km 58000miles
Always used Penzoil 5w20 with OCI around 4k-5000kms 3000miles
Went through the Auto RX clean phase and rinse phase, exactly as instructed, with Penzoil 5w20 oil and this is the first oil after the rinse phase.
Been using FP60 for the past year.
Oil filter was on for the life of the oil and was a Kralinator
Air filter is a 4 year old K&N, reoiled 2 years ago.
GC Oil was in from Oct 1st 2005 till May 28th 2006, our Candian winter, 12150km 7550miles no added oil
Oil analysis from Wearcheck in Ontario, Canada

Silicon 22
Potassium 1.1
Sodium 24
Fuel Glycol ---
Water Soot ---
Sulfation 47%
Nitration 54%

Boron 3.1
Barium 0.0
Calcium 2239
Magnesium 101
Molybdenum 7.9
Sodium 24
Phosphorus 714
Sulfur 2675
Zinc 833
Vis @100C 10.9
Oxidation 65
TAN 2.81

Iron 15
Nickel 0.1
Chromium 0.4
Titanium 0.1
Copper 6.0
Aluminum 2.6
Tin 0.2
Lead 0.0
Silver 0.0

So there it is. I've got new GC M04in again with another Kralinator oil filter.
Also one favour from you guys responding to this UOA, can you give me a little more info on what the numbers mean, or what a good range is, and what the materials tested for give an indiction of.
Like I said, I've leaned alot from this forum, but I'm a way behind with what the numbers in oil analysis mean. If there are links to more info, can you let me know of them.
Thanks and have some fun.
jr

Yea, the silicon is a litttle high, but might be due to silicon sealant or gasket material.

Sodium is a bit high. Normally you see sodium and potassium with a coolant leak. Just keep your eye on it.

What coolant are you using??

Fuel dilusion is obviously a problem and caused the oil to thin out resulting in higher wear numbers. Did the lab say anything about this? They should have.

P.S. What is your driving style. I suspect that you made a number of short trips.

Hey guys,
Thanks for the feedback.
@Al, The coolant is the stock coolant from Ford, as it's still the orginal solution. I haven't had to add any for the life of the car. And I think it's due for a flush this year ( 5yr/100k kms)

@SSDude, you are bang on about the driving style. It's the kids taxi mobile. So it's short trips to soccer, groceries with a 15min daily commute to work in stop and go traffic.
But where do you see the fuel dilution? And how big of a problem is it? And which are the high wear numbers?
According to wearcheck everything is in the normal range, except for the Si which is close to abnormal.

Your fuel dilution is listed at less than 2%. This seems high. It should be less than 1%. The viscosity GC is normally 12.2 @ 100*C. As you approcach it will thicken due to oxidation. However, in you case it thinned out due to fuel dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back