Green Earth Technologies Unveils 2012 G-OIL Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this over on their Facebook page. Hopefully if we actually see this oil stocked in locations we can couple it with a rebate in the future for some good cheap oil.

Link To Announcement

Advanced Full Synthetic
5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30
API SM

G-OIL
Full Synthetic
0W-20, 0W-30, 5W-20, 5W-30, 5W-40 and 10W-30
API SN
Resource Conserving
GF-5
G-OIL
Synthetic Blend
15W-40
API CJ-4/SM

G-OIL
Conventional
5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30
API SN
Resource Conserving
GF-5
G-OIL
Conventional
15W-40
API CJ-4/SM

G-OIL
2X Refined
5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30
AP SN
Resource Conserving
GF-5
G-OIL
Racing
5W-30 and 5W-40

They`d told me awhile back that they were going to make the 10W30. I`ll definitely give it a try as soon as Walmart starts carrying it. I wonder what the "advanced full synthetic" 10W30 is vs their other 10W30`s?

Last edited:
I just wish I could find their products more easily. WalMart has the 5-30 which I use, I wish they would carry the 5-20, or Amazon would carry it, or ???

Hopefully in time.

I looked at the PDS for the SAE30 4 cycle outdoor power equipment oil. It's 12.5 cSt. Um, that's a SAE40 (just barely...)

I've been holding onto a $20 off coupon I have that expires this spring waiting for them to upgrade to SN/GF-5. Hope it hits shelves before my coupon bites the dust! The advanced synthetic NOACK is listed at 6.2%, that is amazingly low!

On a side note: 5qt. containers are not listed as an option, only 5.1qt and 5 liter. Does this mean that the oil will no longer be available at Wal Mart except in single quarts?

Last edited:
I e-mailed them...they only sell the small-engine oil in Canada, and no plans right now to bring their engine oils to Canada.

I'd try it, but they won't sell it!

To heck with them!

Originally Posted By: Doog
If you use their oil and need to add an additional 1/2 quart will regular synthetic mix?

Absolutely. Someone on here had emailed them and their reply was something along the lines of any other API rated oil will be fine to mix or add.

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
How is a 5W-40 Resource Conserving?

-Dennis

It means they meet the full GF-5 spec and qualify for using the term "Resource Conserving" on the bottom half of their API doughnut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back