Greatest weekend ever? Challenge me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight: Tigers (hopefully) clinch ALCS berth. Friday: Reg Wings Season opener, AND my wife and I leave for a 3-day trip to Petoskey, with all of the beautiful fall colors to be seen. Also this weekend, predicated by the fact that the Tigers move on... ALCS baseball! Monday: changing oil and filter for the first time on our Fusion (that alone makes my weekend, haha), and watching the 4-0 Lions with my dad on Monday Night football for the first time in 10 years. Top that, if you can...
grin.gif

dude, yes. i am a big detroit fan too, and they better beat the yanks tonight! i turn 21 this weekend, going camping and hunting! i think we're even!

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I have to say I'm hoping for a Cards/Tigers rematch in the WS.

You and I both!

Only this time the outcome will more closely resemble 1968, rather than 2006!

Originally Posted By: BigBuck
I'd get banned instantly If I went over my weekends
laugh.gif

I'd get banned for saing what would be my perfect weekend. (Maybe divorced too
20.gif
)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Klutch9

Top that, if you can...

We started off today by taking our two beagle therapy dogs to a brain injury rehabilitation center where we spent a couple of hours with patients, and when we were getting ready to leave we received a huge hug from one young girl who will soon be ready to return home. With tears in her eyes she thanked us for helping her recover, and we promised we'd visit after she gets settled back into her home with her parents. We watched her go from someone who could barely walk or talk to a vibrant, nearly fully functional person. Both my wife and me got a little emotional when we left, knowing that (in a very small way) our dogs helped her.

We then spent a couple hours this afternoon with the dogs at an assisted living center. Once gentleman, who is normally withdrawn and somewhat non-social, lights up and comes out of his shell when the dogs are there. Our female responds by jumping into his lap and licking his face-the more she licks the more he laughs. We received a big round of hugs and smiles when we left, and we left knowing we were able to bring a little happiness into their lives.

And that was only our Saturday.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Klutch9

Top that, if you can...

We started off today by taking our two beagle therapy dogs to a brain injury rehabilitation center where we spent a couple of hours with patients, and when we were getting ready to leave we received a huge hug from one young girl who will soon be ready to return home. With tears in her eyes she thanked us for helping her recover, and we promised we'd visit after she gets settled back into her home with her parents. We watched her go from someone who could barely walk or talk to a vibrant, nearly fully functional person. Both my wife and me got a little emotional when we left, knowing that (in a very small way) our dogs helped her.

We then spent a couple hours this afternoon with the dogs at an assisted living center. Once gentleman, who is normally withdrawn and somewhat non-social, lights up and comes out of his shell when the dogs are there. Our female responds by jumping into his lap and licking his face-the more she licks the more he laughs. We received a big round of hugs and smiles when we left, and we left knowing we were able to bring a little happiness into their lives.

And that was only our Saturday.

Wow... that is incredible. That was great to read.

Let's see. Friday wifey and I went out to her happy hour at work. We shared a pizza and an adult drink each. (Gotta drive home you know!)

Saturday, she ran a 5K while I worked on putting some fans in the back of my desk so I could get the CPU off the top and into the cubby for a CPU. I think it now runs cooler with two 3-4" fans pulling air through the cubby.

I worked on my Sunday School lesson for the Jr High kids after the computer was ready.

Once oilBabe came home, I had the neighbor lady over. Her husband is in Afghanistan and her phone with the international plan was on the blink, so I sorted it out. The "techs" at the Verizon store said she needed a new phone. Apparently, my technique of cutting a back up of her phone to get the contacts and messages, then downgrading the software (since it was at the most current Blackberry code for that phone) worked, and I reloaded her contacts so she could call her husband while he is in Afghanistan.

Sunday, oilBabe was not feeling well, so I took the Jr High Sunday School class alone. I survived and hopefully they are enriched spiritually.

That afternoon, our church hosted the CROP Walk for hunger. I wrote my check and then walked the nearly three miles with our group, finishing in about 40 minutes.

I went home and watched a little baseball and had a light snack before I returned to the church for youth group, chaperoning the baker's dozen kids who where there. Mealtime, some games and fellowship this evening since the week before we had lessons, but no games. Sometimes you just gotta play.

Came home, cleaned up and went to bed pretty early after checking on oilBabe to see if she needed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back