Great Thanksgiving Weekend Deals - What did you snag for an awesome price?

I know these are tough economic times for many.... and many just can't purchase or buy things right now. Because of that, I mean no disparagement on what I purchased or others, when times are tight for some.

What smokin deals did you take advantage of today? Maybe it was a Christmas purchase, or maybe just a purchase for something you really needed and Black Friday provided the opportunity.

#1. I have been shopping for tires for the wife's SUV for a couple of months. Seems every time I would find what I wanted and they were a good price, I would be too late and they were sold out. Today, I was able to snag four great sneakers for her rig, Hancook Dynapro's and they were a titch over $100 off today for a set of four. Free Shipping.

#2. While laid up in the hospital with COVID the last 7 days, I watched a lot of TV. One show that I loved was this Moonshine/BBQ show, where they ran off competitions for the best sausage. I was hooked!!!! I found a massive, 1hp commercial meat grinder on Walmart that was $499, marked down to $289. I also found a massive vertical smoker, with separate wood box, all-welded steel.... $389 marked down to $279. I am stoked to start smoking, packaging and freezing a ton of sausages and even some jerky. Free Shipping.

#3. Amazon has LifeStraw, water purifiers on sale from $28 to $12.... I purchased 2 to put in the vehicles.

#4. Finally, my property that we purchased 6 months ago doesn't have electricity yet, so I have been shopping for cordless power tools for a couple of months. Today I snagged a Dewalt Kit with 6 power tools. $659.... on sale for $449.

I love to use Black Friday to make very wise and discounted purchases every year. Those are four of my little snags.

How about you?

I got a Griots Garage G9 random orbital starter kit for $150 w/free shipping. Normally $180. Going to use it on the 340i.

Got most of the kids gifts ordered also. Legos, scooters, etc. there was still a lot of good deals going yesterday. All online of course.

Wife went out early shopping mostly for fun and said there were not many in person deals to be had. Nothing like years prior. Everything has pretty much moved to online shopping.

I am not a fan of black friday, or the "secret" name for the day that got loose from retailers decades ago.
But I was watching a Cambridge Audio integrated amp then they all got swipe up when I decided to get one.
Now Ill have to look for something else, And, NO! NO flabby Denon or nasty Yamahaha for me. wait till February '22.

BigJohn that Sausage making grinder and smoker sounds like a cool thing. Can only eat so much of that though.
Hope you don't have any nasty lingering effects from that nasty virus going around.

Got a Milwaukee M12 Fuel ratchet for $199 with case, charger and one battery. My Earthquake does me fine but I wanted to expand my Milwaukee stuff and I’ll use the Earthquake at home. Unfortunately I had to work on Black Friday so I made it to the orange store just in time and bought a hammer that was not a special or anything. Then they were out of the ratchet so I had to order it from the orange store website.

Got a Milwaukee M12 Fuel ratchet for $199 with case, charger and one battery. My Earthquake does me fine but I wanted to expand my Milwaukee stuff and I’ll use the Earthquake at home. Unfortunately I had to work on Black Friday so I made it to the orange store just in time and bought a hammer that was not a special or anything. Then they were out of the ratchet so I had to order it from the orange store website.
But you don't have $10 for this place, right?
Shameful behavior....

But you don't have $10 for this place, right?
Shameful behavior....
Not yet Jim haha. Gotta approve it with the parents before I can spend a single penny lol. They about had a fit cause I bought the Milwaukee thing last night and a hammer that they insisted I didn’t need.

Not yet Jim haha. Gotta approve it with the parents before I can spend a single penny lol. They about had a fit cause I bought the Milwaukee thing last night and a hammer that they insisted I didn’t need.
I am not buying it....
How did you buy the stuff last night without their approval?

Another sell out...
Cut off!!

Got a Bissell Crosswave Cordless Max floor cleaner for $329, normally $411.

Not trying to get in your business, but I think you need to really step back and look at your situation. That isn’t normal at all. You’re an adult, as long as you pay your share of the bills it isn’t anything of anyone’s business what you buy. I’d move out in a heartbeat. Doesn’t make any difference whatsoever whose roof you’re under.

Got a Bissell Crosswave Cordless Max floor cleaner for $329, normally $411.

Not trying to get in your business, but I think you need to really step back and look at your situation. That isn’t normal at all. You’re an adult, as long as you pay your share of the bills it isn’t anything of anyone’s business what you buy. I’d move out in a heartbeat. Doesn’t make any difference whatsoever whose roof you’re under.
Yeah I just feel I would not do well living on my own especially trying to find a place I could bring all my stuff with me. I am always scared something would happen if I’m by myself. I think the main issue is I need to remove my mom off my bank account but that would be breaking the account terms so I’m not sure if there is a penalty or not for it but the account terms are she is on it from the time I’m 17 to the time I’m 24.

Amazon gift card $110 for $100, and Hulu basic for 99c a month for a year.

A tenant told me they declined a foodbank wrong delivery and the guy just left it in the hallway, have already sat there for 2 days: eggs, vegetables, fruits, dry pasta, stuffing mix, shelf stable milk, etc. No contact info left and tenants want them gone.

So I guess I am keeping them for free?

Last edited:
I am not a fan of black friday, or the "secret" name for the day that got loose from retailers decades ago.
But I was watching a Cambridge Audio integrated amp then they all got swipe up when I decided to get one.
Now Ill have to look for something else, And, NO! NO flabby Denon or nasty Yamahaha for me. wait till February '22.

BigJohn that Sausage making grinder and smoker sounds like a cool thing. Can only eat so much of that though.
Hope you don't have any nasty lingering effects from that nasty virus going around.
How big integrated you looking for and with or with out on board DAC.

Yeah I just feel I would not do well living on my own especially trying to find a place I could bring all my stuff with me. I am always scared something would happen if I’m by myself. I think the main issue is I need to remove my mom off my bank account but that would be breaking the account terms so I’m not sure if there is a penalty or not for it but the account terms are she is on it from the time I’m 17 to the time I’m 24.

Withdraw everything and open new account? there are no penalties for closing a bank account that I have ever heard of.

I snagged a napa legend agm for 148$ normally around $215

Earlier in the week I got a toro 721E snowblower for $568 including tax.

A vortex (crossfire II?) scope for a christmas present for my father.. current scope on the ruger 10/22 is kmart brand... so huge upgrade.
since he just fixed it up. put a trigger kit,new spring, and some other goodies seemed like a good idea.

New Laptop for the wife nice i5 based 10K cpumark from bestbuy under $350

Last edited:
Back