Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does "PP" cost?
grin2.gif
And thanks for the pictures wavinwayne, haven't been there in over 10 years. We drove and walked.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Julian
How much does "PP"cost

If you set up your camera right, and almost all cameras allow parameters like expsoure, contrast, saturation, color balance, etc to be adjusted, you don't need any PP. PP costs nothing if you use free software like Gimp or even a cheesy Web-based editor. It's not rocket science.

mori,

Low-quality pics don't bother me. It's the experience that matters to me more than my inability to take a good photo. FTR, I actually do some very basic PP work for pics that I email to people, using Picasa. For stuff I post here, I usually don't bother.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Wow! To tell the tale that your rode your bike up this hill is amazing!...

Awesome photos, these truly DO capture the experience there! What was the temperature at the top? Was it briskly cold? Was there a big difference in temp between bottom & top of the hill?

The pics at the summit were taken around 10:00 a.m., and I don't know exactly what the temp was. It was chilly enough that I had to put my arm warmers on for the descent, and people getting ready to hike up to the overlook were putting jackets on. I'd guess the temp was around 55-60°F at the summit.

I can't say for sure, but I'd estimate a 10°F temp drop between the summit and the visitors center. It also gets VERY windy up there, but it wasn't too bad when I took the pics. THe cross winds make the descent on the bike interesting.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I actually do some very basic PP work for pics that I email to people, using Picasa. For stuff I post here, I usually don't bother.

Scraps for the rest of us! I feel so... sullied.
LOL.gif

I've been there several times while I lived on the east coast. Very nice memories stirred up - thanks for that! I'm off the next 2 weeks and perhaps I'll head back east and check it out again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back