Great Price on Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts at Wal-Mart

Just bought a set of four (the were an OEM option on my truck) for 90 bucks a piece for carryout at Wal-Mart. That was a one day super sale, however, they are still on sale for $110.00 a piece. That's still a great price.

Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar Light Truck Tires (245/70R17, 119R)

Were on sale at walmart.com for $50 for the last 2-3 weeks

I was really tempted to pull the trigger as that is the upsize tire that fits my 19 cherokee.. but those werent the tires I wanted.
They kept going in and out of stock (daily) or I would have posted it here for people.

I should also mention that the ones I picked up were made on the 44th week of 2020...the freshest tires I've ever purchased. I was worried they would be some hold overs they were trying to get rid of. Also, they were blackwalls, which for the AT/S is a very rare thing to find (I normally have to put the white letters inward). I just picked the tires up and am taking them to a place near me that has a good Roadforce balancer (and knows how to use it).

Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar Light Truck Tires (245/70R17, 119R)

Were on sale at walmart.com for $50 for the last 2-3 weeks

I was really tempted to pull the trigger as that is the upsize tire that fits my 19 cherokee.. but those werent the tires I wanted.
They kept going in and out of stock (daily) or I would have posted it here for people.
That is a fantastic price.

Update: Three of the four walmart tires wouldnt balance properly. Bought one more at Wal Mart, it worked okay. So two of five were okay, three were no good. Bad vibration. So, two a/t s from walmart, then bought two more a/ta from Chevy dealer. The thing rides smooth as glass. Walmart took the three defective tires back. Parts guy at dealership suggested truck load tire sales can be defective because walmart moves them in trucks that are stacked high tight and it makes tires deform.

Weird how that works. I've bought lots of tires through walmart over the years. The only name brand being Douglas. All the rest being no-name imports. Never had a balancing issue.

Well, all I can tell you is the Goodyear tires from GM dealer did fine. HTF is it that a modern tire producer couldnt get it right. You’d think modern technology could deal with that problem.

It’s not just GY. I’ve read in a few places how tire assembly is still an art at certain stages in the process, and newer workers take a while to get it right. I’ve also read where if we saw how crude some of the steps are, we’d be surprised. Capriracer might chime in here too... he has real world knowledge whereas I’m just parroting what I’ve read.

ive generally had very consistent luck with Bridgestone and Firestone. But one batch of the renowned and venerable Firestone LE on my wife’s car had 3 out of round at time of sale. They replaced all 4 the following week after figuring it out. That batch was rock solid.

OE spec tyres of any brand are DIFFERENT from said brand bought aftermarket + seen where OE name brand motorcycle tyres has LESS thread as owners complained of fast wear!! things vary + places like wallys can get stuff built for THEM at lesser quality to meet a price point because they order thousands!!

Back