great news!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found chevron supreme here in my town in n.c. the bad thing its that they only carry 10w30 and 10w40.I have a 1998 f150 4.6 that ford reccomends 5w20 so ,i would like to find 5w30.im just so exited becouse i read really good things about this oil here in bitog and the price they got is 1.24 a qrt which is way under the normal 1.98 for penn,valvoline and castrol(give or take a few cents)or should i just try 10w30 ,the coldest months are coming thats my only worry? comments please...... tks
burnout.gif

I would not use a 5/20 just to help a car mfg. meet some mpg number. lubricate and protect your truck first then worry about other peoples needs.
grin.gif

aztec12,
The worse that is going to happen is you'll cause some extra wear at start up, especially in the winter. But in all honesty you'll probably never notice it. The truck will rot first most likely or the tranny will give up the ghost. Use the Chevron 10W-30 in good health. However, if you get start up noise in the winter then you'll know the oil is way too thick for your winter temps
grin.gif
And as full honest disclosure I use Motorcraft 5W-20 in my 2002 F-150 year round
grin.gif

Whimsey

I use Havoline 5w30 in the wife's car because its available about everyhere and may be nearly identical to Supreme. Its currently on sale at Advance, try some of that. I use Motorcraft 5w20 in my Ranger for winter oil due to its very good cold weather properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back