Great deal on Lubro Moly 0W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvk

I am not sure if this violates any rules of this BB. If it does, I apologize.

I found a great deal on German-made full synthetic motor oil. Lubro Moly Energy 0W-40. This oil is PAO-based and has API SJ, ACEA A3/B3, VW 505, BMW and Porsche ratings and approvals. The price is $9.99 for a 5 liter container. I called customer service and confirmed that this price is for the right product (5 liter, 0W-40) and that there is no mistake. I was told that they have 38 canisters in stock. I ordered 6. Ground shipping from Colorado to the East coast is not cheap, about $32. However, it does not seem outrageous, since oil is very heavy. I got 6 5-liter jugs at about $15.40 each including shipping. It will be even cheaper than that for people closer to Colorado. And no sales tax outside of CO.

This oil is similar to their 5W-40 synthetic, which I have been using in my SAAB 900. Oil analysis results have been excellent -- better than with Mobil 1 10W-30 after 10k use interval.

Oops, forgot the URL:

motorworks

No Direct links to NON site supporters,thanks.Mark

[ July 01, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

I'm interested in Lubro Moly SYNTHOIL HIGH TECH 5 W-40 HD. I presume you used that? Do you have the results of your UOA posted on this site?

Definitely is a great deal.I can't understand how my thief-local dealer charge it 12 euros
shocked.gif

(for a quart!).
Oufff...some people want to be rich too soon.

I took the plunge & ordered 6 jugs myself- shipping came to ~$22.50. Delivered cost will be less than $3/liter. On sale because it's SJ?

I saw the VOA on the 5w40, & the UOA's also. Also went to the liqui-moly site. Anyone know of some other info sources for this oil? & BTW, is the 0w40 the purple jug or the black one?
grin.gif

It's the black one, with green lettering.

The only thing I see different between the 5W-40 and the 0W-40 is BMW Longlife-98 rating missing on the latter. Everything else is the same.

Search for Rocky Mountain Motorworks on google. The oil is listed on the home page. Still there, as far as I can see.

quote:

Originally posted by yannis:
Definitely is a great deal.I can't understand how my thief-local dealer charge it 12 euros
shocked.gif

(for a quart!).
Oufff...some people want to be rich too soon.

European oil prices are shocking to North American consumers. Perhaps that explains the 10k miles drain intervals on most cars and up to 20+ thousand on some late models.

I just came from the Motorworks site-at 12:30 am(CDT) July 2, it said "not in stock". Guess they sold out.

[ July 02, 2003, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Stuart Hughes ]

Wow! Since I use the LM 5W-40 in my VW I naturally checked the link out. The 5W-40 is in stock for $7.95 for the 5 liter jug
cheers.gif
. I ordered 5 and the total with shipping is $49.48, an absolutely unbelievable deal....almost to good to be true
dunno.gif

Took delivery of 3, 5 qt jugs earlier this week.
Observations: The jugs were very dusty - must really been old stock - sold as clearance item. As mentioned above, specs were A3/B3 but year 96.

Anyway, its going in the Trooper next OCI.

[ July 11, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: pinoy99 ]

ACEA A3-96 is not much different from later editions. It should be fine in any vehicle produced up to mid-2000 that requires ACEA A3 rating.

This oil is much darker than LM 5W-40 I have been using. I am not sure what that means, if anything. The new Mobil 1 SS, for example, is much darker than Tri-Syn...

Another observation is that the plastic containers are particularly well sealed. On top of a normal cap, the spout has a removable plastic cover with a ring, similar to the ones used in orange juice containers. Also, these containers are very comfortable to carry with two great handles and easy to pour using the built-in extendable spout. I wish all oil companies used this kind of packaging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back