Great BITOG weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son was in from college from out of state for a week before summer school starts back up with the Nissan 96D21. Did a 650 mile Neutra 131 (10 oz's in a 4 qt sump) purge over the week followed with a NAPA Gold filter and Delo 15W40 with 5 oz LC20. New crush washer! Also replaced both headlights, turkey basted the power steering, and topped off the coolant system. Paid (dearly but fairly) to my new favorite mechanic for a new cat con and both O2 sensors as well as a clock spring in the steering column to clear an air bag CEL and restore the horn function. 2 oz of LC20 in the recently coolant line flushed tranny of the 96D21. Changed out break in oil on the new Kee mower with Castrol 30 HD and a splash of LC20. Put 5 oz of Neutra 131 in each of the Sentra and the Nissan 92D21 crankcases before the next oil changes. Got the ancient tiller starter fixed by voodoo, ie, a variation on the BFH approach, and FP60 all around including the 21 hp Craftsman riding mower! Thanks again, BITOG! Ahhhh... Life is good.

Go Neutra! And Louisiana! Man, clockspring. That's a tough one. I replaced my own in my saab 900 only to wreck it a couple weeks later. Very disappointing. I've got Neutra in the sump right now and have already gone about 1000k miles with it. I don't wanna dump it just yet b/c I've got redline in as well. What part of LA? Where'd you get YOUR Neutra?

I replaced a Ford Expedition rear door this weekend, & after reading this, I feel like I was just lounging around.
wink.gif

BrianWC. Lea Supply on Veterans Hwy just west of Williams Blvd in Kenner carries Neutra in the 12 oz bottle. Don't know if they ship or not. I live outside of the Kentwood area near I-55 and the LA/MS state line and end up in N.O from time to time so I just pick some up when I can. Oh, I forgot. Also replaced the air filter and RainX'ed the 96's windshield, hit Jiffy Lube Fri am for a rear diff oil change, and met with the CPA about Katrina casualty losses. Then tilled/cultivated the 40x60' garden, picked our first summer squash, and mowed for about three hours. Slept ok last night.
tongue.gif

According to recent posts from 'thooks' (Member # 10394) and 'Vilan' (Member # 10451), I think that you forgot to put new, synthetic air in your tires.

Ah, I'm up here in the new boom town of Shreveport. Thanks for sending us your tired, poor, huddled masses! I have a supplier here in town. I was wondering if you needed someone closer but sounds like you have it under control. Stay safe down there and here's to hoping this season spares ya! I'll stay away from Kenner as I have an ex-girlfriend down there.

quote:

Originally posted by 9296D21B14:
BrianWC. Lea Supply on Veterans Hwy just west of Williams Blvd in Kenner carries Neutra in the 12 oz bottle. Don't know if they ship or not. I live outside of the Kentwood area near I-55 and the LA/MS state line and end up in N.O from time to time so I just pick some up when I can. Oh, I forgot. Also replaced the air filter and RainX'ed the 96's windshield, hit Jiffy Lube Fri am for a rear diff oil change, and met with the CPA about Katrina casualty losses. Then tilled/cultivated the 40x60' garden, picked our first summer squash, and mowed for about three hours. Slept ok last night.
tongue.gif

GMorg, given that the prevailing westerlies here generally put me downwind from America's Ruhr Valley between Baton Rouge and New Orleans I would guess that the atmosphere here for inflation of tires and lungs is at least a synthetic blend.
shocked.gif
But just to be sure, I'll wait for the next PepBoys rebate before I fill the tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back