Great All-Season Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give the Bridgestone Potenza G009 two thumbs up. I have them on an Accord and they are GREAT in all weather(just got 11" of snow here today). Also, a very good value.
I have about 37-38psi in them and they still are great in the snow.

Nice to hear feedback. I am considering these a longer wearing alternative/snow traction on my wife's 2005 Legacy GT with 17" wheels (215/45/17).

Char Baby:

They are on a 1994 Accord ex. Stock rim, I believe 195/60-15.
Have a 1998 Prelude that I put some (forgot the exact name) Bridgestone Turenzas on to replace summer tires. Man I wish I had put the G009s on that car too.

quote:

Just wanted to give the Bridgestone Potenza G009 two thumbs up.

Totally agree.

I installed a set of these on my 2001 Taurus in October. Highly impressed with their stability on all types of surfaces.

Yeah me too because the Turanza LSH's and the Potenza 950s are not good in the snow. Dry and wet -superb. Snow/ice -lethal.

Most all-seasons are decent in the snow when new, but when the tread starts to go they are not so hot. Ice is a whole other story. That's why you need winter tires.

I know this is a little out of place as I dont see snow but I purchased the G009's for my grand prix GTP. I was unhappy with the side wall stability in corners. It tended to lean way more than I am used to and broke traction too easily on warm, dry pavement.

I sent them back to Tirerack and got Firestone Wide Ovals. I am much happier with the Firestones now.

I am not saying they were a bad tire. They just were not what I was looking for. If I lived where it snowed I would definately consider this tire.

Just had to share
smile.gif

These G009s are not new, but I do agree winter tires do much better. Also, I run my tires above the cars recommended psi for mpg and sidewall flex. No abnormal wear has resulted.

I'll share my experiences with this tire on a 97 Grand Prix. This is a 225/60-16. Have probably 25k miles on them. My previous set was Potenza RE910's and these are Bridgestone's replacements for those. I liked the sidewall stiffness (read: more) of the 910 better, and they were quieter. I run my tires at about 35-37 psi (factory recommended for the car is 30). However, they were downright lousy in the winter. Now that the G009's are about half worn, they are getting less than wonderful in the snow. They were great last winter when they were closer to new, this winter not so hot, and I'll probably have to find something else before next winter rolls around. Overall, a great deal for the money. Just dont expect them to last 80k miles and be a perfect snow or performance tire. Its all about compromises with all season tires.

**edited to say also that I prefer the wet traction of the G009, but the 910 was better in the dry.

quote:

These G009s are not new, but I do agree winter tires do much better.

Agreed. If I lived in a hard-core winter environment such as upstate New York or New England, I would have a full set of Nokian on my car. For the DC Metro area though, G009 are excellent.
quote:

Also, I run my tires above the cars recommended psi for mpg and sidewall flex. No abnormal wear has resulted.

I run 34 psi in front and standard 30 psi in rear on my FWD Taurus.

How can you stand having 37-38 psi tires on a car? I have 34 psi in my Kuhmo ASX on my Mazda3 and I feel every bump on the road and it makes every little thing rattle in the car.

Just got the ASX's and they are wayyyyyyyyyy better then the stock **{** is Bridgestone} on my 02 Altima.

What were the stock Bridgestones? Some of their tires suck. The Potenza RE92 are stock on many cars, and they are junk.

I don't mind feeling the road with higher psi. I am the kind of guy who will give up just about anything for better performance. The car feels much more nimble with higher psi.

The stones were touring and the ASX's are performance and at least double or more in all the stuff like wear,traction,ride,noise and all that. The ASX's are not that far off from the Mich pilots.

I was using G-009s on the car I just sold. Nice all-around tire, not much snow grip. Decent wear. Good for the money. I had RE950s before, ZERO snow grip. I'm on a Yokohama kick. I got TRZs which I like very much and looking at H4S next time. Now I'm back to a car with 205/55-16 so probally Conti Extremes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back