greasing up parts of engine?

just wondering iv got some spay can white lithium grease used to grease up car door hinges etc and was wondering should i use this on the linkages of my pressure washer engine which has a 212cc engine? moving parts like the choke lever and the throttle linkage etc? or should i just leave it alone and keep it clean?

If you were going to use something, I would use something a little less 'sticky' Maybe a dry spray Teflon or something. The lithium spray is going to attract dust and dirt that you don't want grinding away on there.

If the items move freely, there's no need to lubricate. It will stay cleaner too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry much at all about dust and dirt on a pressure washer linkage. It's not subject to the same level of road grime, or debris like a mower is. Plus that isn't a high movement part so it's not like that's going to wear away at it, especially not with it greased.

Ok cool just was wondering about ways to prolong it.
Gonna use it for the last time this year and after watching youtube vids they show to drain the carb before i store it.
Should i spray something like wd40 into the carb or just leave it drained and empty?

Ok cool just was wondering about ways to prolong it.
Gonna use it for the last time this year and after watching youtube vids they show to drain the carb before i store it.
Should i spray something like wd40 into the carb or just leave it drained and empty?

Run it out of fuel and leave it alone. Don't spray anything in the carb...

Just my $0.02

If it runs out of fuel does carb need to be drained or will it already be empty?

Back