Greased Pig Contest AnyBody, kinda oil related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who here ever entered a greased pig contest?

When I was a kid every year at the county fair they would have a greased pig contest. they would take 4 or 5 little 3 month old pigs about 25 pounds, grease em up with axle grease and if you caught it and could crate it you could keep it.

It was the funniest thing, I remember what seemed like 50 to 60 people in a quarter acre fenced in area from 12 yr old to 60 yr old would be in there trying to corner a pig. If you caught it you would have a heck of a time holding on to it cuz those little varmints are all muscle and the grease was so slippery.

I caught my share of pigs but couldn't hang on to them. The contest was always won by some 20 year old ex high school wrestler or football player that didn't quite realize he was competing with a bunch of 12 year olds.... this post just went from a happy memory to a sad one in just a couple of phrases.... now I'm totally bummed.

Anyway, It was a fun memory from my youth. I have many more. like the time I had a haystack collapse on me and the fire department had to come... that was cool. By the time I was 20 I had gone through at least 6 of my 9 lives.

Last edited:
Quote:
...this post just went from a happy memory to a sad one in just a couple of phrases...

Hang in there, you have plenty of time for emotions.

Grease and pigs? Heck wait until mori gets ahold of it!!

Hope the grease was based on at least a Group III synthetic base! Otherwise you might have had to regrease the pig before you got it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back