Grease Selection Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last couple of years I have been using Amsoil Synthetic Polymeric Off Road Grease in my truck with good results but this fall while rebuilding a trailer I realized that it isn't certified for wheel bearings.

So while replacing the bearings and hubs and installing Bearing Buddies on the trailer I bought a tube of Mobil 1 grease for the trailer. On the hunting trip out west it seemed that the bearing buddies would be empty after about 500 miles of highway use and there would be a puddle of red oil inside the bearing buddies.

I really don't know if this puddling is normal or not but I was wondering if you all could help me choose a great grease that I can use in my truck AND on my trailer wheel bearings that will not separate.

Note: The trailer will see very little use in the winter, sporadic use in the summer and very heavy use in the fall hunting seasons.

Thanks in advance.

I have been using valvoline durablend/moly cartridges for my TT dexter ezlube axles. I have used m1 previously and noticed the oil leaking from the grease.

Last edited:
Thanks Spasm3 (sweet screen name) BTW I have no brand loyalty and no price restrictions since I will only use a tube a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back