Graphene

Opinions on graphene sealant? Used a friends Adams advanced graphene sealant on the hood of my DD. Was very impressed but $130 for a 60ml bottle?

TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray wax, topped with TEC582 after each warsh will also give you very similar impressions.

The Adam's Graphene spray coating is pretty good for up to 6 months. Durability lags behind Can Coat. Their full coating is pretty good. Think of Graphene as Sio2 +. There are many types of graphene. For some companies, it's a gimmick and not really effective or reactive. Some companies are using legitimate graphene chemistry. So far most of the major coating companies have not jumped on board with it (yet) - Carpro, Gyeon, Opti Coat.

Last edited:
That's what my Odyssey is coated with. Almost 20,000 miles later it performs the same as the day I installed it.

Even for dried bug guts on the front, no pressure is needed to remove them with regular wash soap.

That's what my Odyssey is coated with. Almost 20,000 miles later it performs the same as the day I installed it.

Even for dried bug guts on the front, no pressure is needed to remove them with regular wash soap.
You haven't recoated it in 20k but it's still that strong?

I just did an application of Adam's Advanced Graphene yesterday evening on my new truck. This is the first go for me with the full coating. Best I can say at this point is that it leaves an exceptionally slick surface and feels really nice.

I've used the Adam's graphene spray coatings for a few years with good results, both the regular and the advanced. That's what led me to try to full coating. I typically coated every 6 months with the spray coating. Through the summer, it had exceptional longevity. Washing in the fall still had good beading. Over the winter, it'd get beat up pretty bad by salty road spray. Right behind the front wheels on the door would be noticeably degraded in terms of performance. Everywhere else was still holding strong though.

Given my results with the spray, I'm hopeful with the full coating.

The Adam's Graphene spray coating is pretty good for up to 6 months. Durability lags behind Can Coat. Their full coating is pretty good. Think of Graphene as Sio2 +. There are many types of graphene. For some companies, it's a gimmick and not really effective or reactive. Some companies are using legitimate graphene chemistry. So far most of the major coating companies have not jumped on board with it (yet) - Carpro, Gyeon, Opti Coat.
Adams says it will last 9 years!

I agree. It’s not likely to last that long.

I haven’t seen anything lately on the possible health hazards of graphene. I believe Todd at Esoteric had mentioned the use of masks and protection as a precaution.
There are some safety concerns mentioned by Scott HD on youtube. At minimum, wear gloves, and possibly a respirator.
The problem is there are minimal studies, so manufacturers can play dumb and not give much as far as warnings.

There are some safety concerns mentioned by Scott HD on youtube. At minimum, wear gloves, and possibly a respirator.
The problem is there are minimal studies, so manufacturers can play dumb and not give much as far as warnings.

I mean, I think PPE is prudent, but Scott HD is way out of his league trying to extrapolate health effects on humans from small animal studies. He doesn't know enough and all these studies have severe limitations. I'm not saying the compounds are safe, but in pharma there is a saying, "mice lie and monkeys exaggerate".

I mean, I think PPE is prudent, but Scott HD is way out of his league trying to extrapolate health effects on humans from small animal studies. He doesn't know enough and all these studies have severe limitations. I'm not saying the compounds are safe, but in pharma there is a saying, "mice lie and monkeys exaggerate".
You got that from the video? I suspect you didn't actually watch it. His point is the studies are limited and information is limited. His advice is to wear gloves, and respirator until there is information showing it is not necessary. He said any user of graphene products should read the SDS, do their own research and assess the risk.

You got that from the video? I suspect you didn't actually watch it. His point is the studies are limited and information is limited. His advice is to wear gloves, and respirator until there is information showing it is not necessary. He said any user of graphene products should read the SDS, do their own research and assess the risk.
I watched enough, like pointing to sentences in journal articles on animal studies that say it's going to damage your lungs but heal in 28 days. I've also watched his other videos on health concerns on various topics over the last few years. I did say I agree that protective equipment is wise.

If you want strong spray and wipe Graphene protection, this is what I use--

If you want strong spray and wipe Graphene protection, this is what I use--

Price is pretty high, I know they make good stuff though. I always laugh when I see their name because I know it’s polish like car polish, but want to say Polish like the people 😂.

Back