Gotta love Friday

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Aquariuscsm: I'm a tad older and wiser than when I was 22 smile Left some nice ATF stains in parking area. Nothing cat litter and sawdust can't fix. Sad part of all this is she SHOULD HAVE insurance and registration in ANY VEHICLE.
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by dlundblad
Dang. Glade you're okay.
Thank you sir smile So, I lifted car up and put on jack stands. Pushed muffler frontwards I see and broke one of the muffler hangers. I'm starting car shopping with girlfriend tomorrow
 
Last edited:

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
7,319
Location
in Az where the Deer and Antelope play
Not being injured is the most important thing. Sad thing is almost any time you're in a wreck it's going to cost you money to get whole again. Yeah, sometimes a guy pays $500 for a car and it gets hit and totalled and their insurance pays $1400 but that doesn't happen often.
Quote
I'd be SWEET if you had a good attorney friend who could rake her over the coals for you.
For what? She hit his car and he's not hurt. Is a lawyer going to get $50k because she didn't have her insurance card in the car? The guy who got hit isn't all bent over it, no reason for you to be.
Quote
Easy Jeff I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I can always tell when o run across a true truck guy
You didn't rain on my parade, when I read a paragraph of BS about anything sometimes it's hard to be quiet. smirk2
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
AZJeff: yeah, any accident sucks. I'm betting that Explorer is totaled too. Looking online at some Corollas; lots of nice ones but high miles too
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
9,049
Location
MI
I don't endorse ambulance chasing at all. But, if you have even a trace of soreness or any other pain, I suggest you see your doctor just to have your ducks in a row and a paper trail. My wife has life threatening problems from an accident 12 years ago that initially resulted in only minor aches and pains. I'll spare the details. Like others have stated, I'm glad that you seem to have survived this with no health issues. Good luck on the new car search!
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by doitmyself
I don't endorse ambulance chasing at all. But, if you have even a trace of soreness or any other pain, I suggest you see your doctor just to have your ducks in a row and a paper trail. My wife has life threatening problems from an accident 12 years ago that initially resulted in only minor aches and pains. I'll spare the details. Like others have stated, I'm glad that you seem to have survived this with no health issues. Good luck on the new car search!
Thank You kind sir smile
 
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
24,363
Location
Central Florida
53' Stude, I know a very good personal injury lawyer if your neck is hurting from the whiplash as a result of getting hit (wink, wink). Just Kidding.
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Get another Camry or look at the Accord. You need added room for your next big haul of oil at Autozone.
Good point smile Was looking near me today at the good wheels place I volunteer at. Few 12 and 11's but all over 160K and still wanting 5-6k Looking towards either older Accord or Corolla 2011 and up. Like styling of 08' and newer Accords
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
53' Stude, I know a very good personal injury lawyer if your neck is hurting from the whiplash as a result of getting hit (wink, wink). Just Kidding.
I am still feeling well. Home cooking to try to knock the congestion out of me smile
 
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
29,465
Location
Dallas,Tx USA
Originally Posted by AZjeff
For what? She hit his car and he's not hurt. Is a lawyer going to get $50k because she didn't have her insurance card in the car? The guy who got hit isn't all bent over it, no reason for you to be.
I'm not "bent all over it". I just find it completely asinine that a full grown adult woman has has to call her daddy. It's way past time for her to get off the nip.
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
2,572
53' sorry for your misfortune on Friday but glad you not the young girl were hurt. Vehicles are replaceable! Good luck on your hunt for a replacement car. Lots of good rust free cars in the south, if I see anything worth your time and money I'll send ya a message !👍
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Check out the 2011 Honda Civic. Daughter leased one for three years. Roomy, responsive, good gas mileage, semi-quiet cabin and trouble-free.
I'll keep eye out for those smile
Originally Posted by kstanf150
53' sorry for your misfortune on Friday but glad you not the young girl were hurt. Vehicles are replaceable! Good luck on your hunt for a replacement car. Lots of good rust free cars in the south, if I see anything worth your time and money I'll send ya a message !👍
Thanks, and when I visited parents in North Carolina, always saw awesome clean and nice cars there
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2011
Messages
2,572
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Check out the 2011 Honda Civic. Daughter leased one for three years. Roomy, responsive, good gas mileage, semi-quiet cabin and trouble-free.
I'll keep eye out for those smile
Originally Posted by kstanf150
53' sorry for your misfortune on Friday but glad you not the young girl were hurt. Vehicles are replaceable! Good luck on your hunt for a replacement car. Lots of good rust free cars in the south, if I see anything worth your time and money I'll send ya a message !👍
Thanks, and when I visited parents in North Carolina, always saw awesome clean and nice cars there
Oh goodness sorry I just saw were I miss typed Glad you and the young girl WERE NOT hurt. !
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
2,323
Location
NC
Dang. Looks like she was going at a decent speed. Glad all parties are okay!
 

53' Stude

Thread starter
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
23,040
Location
In the shop
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Are you looking for another Toyota replacement? If so what year model ?
Looking online at 2011 and up Corollas. Had a 2000 that I put 360k on til underneath started Rustin bad. May look for Fuaion like one SubyRubyRoo had. Love looks of those
 
Top