Got wet

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, please do not evolve this into a Religious debate and get the thread locked. I know I may be skirting the boundries but it means alot to me and I just want to share. Tony et al, I apologize in advance if this is not appropriate.

On Saturday evening, at the Easter Vigil service, both my son and I were Baptized. I have always in my heart walked this walk, but now its "official". It feels good to have my son following right along with me.

Again, just wanted to share and apologize if anyone is offended.

Mike
 -
 -

*sigh* I remember getting baptized as a kid many years ago... me and my mom both did it on the same day like you and your son did. FWIW, I think it's great that you are both taking that step together; you're being a great role model for him by doing it.

Fast forward a few years, and I've since become a bitter old agnostic, but I still have a lot of fond memories of the people in my church of yesteryear. They were always so kind to me; I had a lot of fun too. Wonder what it would be like to go back sometimes; would you have to get "re-saved"?
grin.gif

My sister's boyfriend "got saved" last week, and now he's asking about baptism too. I'm staying out of the whole thing, but I know he will probably eventually "take the plunge" (no pun intended) like you guys, which will just bring him one notch up the now-I-can-ask-her-to-marry-me-ility scale. I can't help but suspect that it's the ONLY reason he's doing it to begin with, but whatever. I don't even want to think about it.

While I do think that all three of you are completely out of your minds, in total and absolute seriousness, I wish you well in you and your son's journey. Making a public declaration of your beleifs is important, no matter how long you've been/not been a Christian or otherwise. Sincerely hope you both find/have found what you're looking for.
spaz.gif
+
smile.gif
+
frown.gif
+
cool.gif

I can't take any more of this self-disclosure!
wink.gif

[ April 17, 2006, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

One of my favorite memories is sitting with my wife as our then twelve year old son was baptized in the small country church to which we belonged. I was later one of his youth group leaders. Those were also great times. He grew up in that church and remains active in church today as a young adult in another part of the country. I share your joy!

Congratulations to you and your son!! I have yet to be baptized.

Thanks for serving our country. I feel Police officers need support too because they are at war everyday in America since the beginning.

My Congrats, also!

I think christian faith tends to exist because of a series of building blocks and you and your son will always look back to this baptism as part of your "faith" foundation.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back