Got to visit Louisville, KY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week, myself and a few co-workers had the opportunity to fly into Louisville for lunch. 4 out of 5 of us had never been there. We walked around downtown and got to visit the Louisville Slugger baseball bat factory. We all went on the factory tour, and we each got some personal bats made with our names, kids names, or whoever engraved into the bat. It was really nice to meet the workers and see how the bats are made, and the people working there could not have been any nicer.

Louisville seemed like a nice, southern, American city.

Louisville is a growing city. I've lived in KY most of my adult life (Lexington area) and can attest that there are a lot of good people that call Kentucky home.

If your ever back in Louisville, the Yum ! Center and ChurchHill Downs are must see's. If your up around Lexington, you have to visit Keeneland racetrack and one of the numerous Bourbon distilleries in the area. Lots to see and do !

Louisville is culturally more of a northern city. Not many people from there or the Cincinnati area like to claim KY, and not many from the rest of KY like to claim those areas. I live in Lexington but am not from KY originally, so I really dont' care. I think the whole thing is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back