Got the ***** vaccine today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious how old you are? My in laws have been trying to get it in Florida but the website has crashed the last few days when trying to signup.

Just curious how old you are? My in laws have been trying to get it in Florida but the website has crashed the last few days when trying to signup.

Some hospitals are giving it to employees and they still have trouble trying to get people to want to get it.

I plan to get it as soon as the red tape in Virginia allows. I am in transportation, so behind health care workers and the elderly, but on the list.

I am glad you’re advocating vaccination.

Please keep this thread on topic, this subject is highly politicized, and so, we are glad to hear of folks getting the vaccine, but comments beyond that will result in a lock, ref the COVID-19 policy.

Thanks,
Astro

I took a NY Times survey, they said I was something like 130,000,000th in line. So I'm not holding my breath.

I'm susceptible to anaphylaxis. Were there emergency medical personnel on hand?

Did you get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine?

By the way, my daughter, a surgeon, has had both the disease, and the vaccine, at this point.

She volunteered, as the person to be temporarily reassigned from her department, to be assigned to the COVID-19 ward in her hospital.

Everyone does realize it's not just a one-and-done shot, right?

And that it's longevity isn't known at all...

Not trying to upset/discourage/irritate anyone, and definitely not trying to turn anything political. I'm just relaying what I learned today and thought it was relevant to this thread.

I'm a middle school principal in the county hit hardest in Indiana. I'm hearing we'll get it by early February, maybe sooner. I'm excited to get the darned thing. No worries. I've got several family members who are docotors on the front lines and they've gotten it. One is 70 years old and still works 24 hour shifts! No side effects for any of them. They are getting 2nd doses any day now.

By the way, my daughter, a surgeon, has had both the disease, and the vaccine, at this point.

She volunteered, as the person to be temporarily reassigned from her department, to be assigned to the COVID-19 ward in her hospital.

I wondered about that. So if you have had it and recovered, you still need to (should) vaccinate?

A member of my family is a nurse and she got her vaccine about two weeks ago. She's had no side effects, and in fact, said that she feels like Superwoman when going out into public. I'm excited to get mine, and am on a list, but it's due to occupation and not health risks so I'm not expecting it any time soon. I hope you avoid any side effects as well.

Everyone does realize it's not just a one-and-done shot, right?

And that it's longevity isn't known at all...

Not trying to upset/discourage/irritate anyone, and definitely not trying to turn anything political. I'm just relaying what I learned today and thought it was relevant to this thread.
That's one of the billion dollar questions. And we don't have the answers. Will we need to get this vaccine every year (or every 6 months) because its efficacy wears off, will it work on mutations or will they have to manufacture a different one each year to keep up with it. Is there test we can all take to tell us how susceptible to Covid 19 we are. How many of us have been exposed to Covid 19 and have the antibodies already but don't know it. Maybe that sniffles thing we had months ago was the Covid 19.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
Glad you got it. I do not plan to get it. The lines are way too long for that lol. I respect anyone that is going to get it though and thanks for sharing that it is important.

VA says they will let me know when I can get mine. Hard to tell when that will be, and I am in my 70's. My daughter will actually get hers next week since she is in education around kids all the time.

This is exactly why I posted what I did. False sense of security. Just like the masks...
She still wears a mask and takes proper precautions, but getting the vaccine certainly helps calm any nerves. I'm not sure if she got the other half, though.

I’m an engineer and considered “essential” here in NC. I still work as I normally would including office and construction site visits. I’ll get it once it’s available.

I don’t see an alternative to life going back to normal otherwise. Keep calm and carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back