Got the ***** vaccine today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until you get the old prostate checked.
Already have. It was unpleasant, sure, but... I'm guessing worse things in life await me. Like cancer, death of a parent, etc.

My wife had a couple of kids (wanna talk unpleasant!) and she has a cousin who's just started chemo for testicular cancer--who's only 30. The older I get, the less these things bother me. I'd like to pick up daisies instead of push up daisies for as long as I can.

I am going to be that guy
My father was not sick a day in his life until he was 73. He took the advice of his doctor and got a flue shot. He got the flu every year after getting the flu shot.

I do not normally get sick. I may get a sore throat or sniffles but those are usually gone by noon.

My last boss turned me onto Alkaline water which I continue to drink but lets save that for another thread.

My brother who will be 68 this year and his wife did have to take a test in order to go somewhere. Both tested positive amd had to quarentine for 2 weeks

They spent 2 weeks hitting golf balls in their back yard.

The whole office @ my new job got sick. Varied from sniffles to no energy for about 10 days.

I am more cautious about door handles and such. I do wipe the shopping cart handle with the cleaning wipes they have @ the door.

If I go somewhere and have to touch a pin pad or door handle a quick squirt of brakecleaner fixes that.

I had concerns about this shot, but not now. I'll take my chances with the reaction, haven't had one yet, so I'm guessing no problem. I kinda can't wait, I mean, the sooner the more likely the dumpster fire that was 2020 will be finished and gone.
The reaction is worse on the 2nd shot. Moderna is using a 100 ug shot whereas the Pfizer one was 30 ug. Moderna used the higher dose because they had a better reaction from older folks to the higher dose. That's why there's talk of cutting the dose to 50 ug for the 18-55 age group. But they didn't really test that so that is on hold for now. On the other hand, the reaction isn't as bad the older you are as the immune system isn't as strong.

I am going to be that guy
My father was not sick a day in his life until he was 73. He took the advice of his doctor and got a flue shot. He got the flu every year after getting the flu shot.

I do not normally get sick. I may get a sore throat or sniffles but those are usually gone by noon.

My last boss turned me onto Alkaline water which I continue to drink but lets save that for another thread.

My brother who will be 68 this year and his wife did have to take a test in order to go somewhere. Both tested positive amd had to quarentine for 2 weeks

They spent 2 weeks hitting golf balls in their back yard.

The whole office @ my new job got sick. Varied from sniffles to no energy for about 10 days.

I am more cautious about door handles and such. I do wipe the shopping cart handle with the cleaning wipes they have @ the door.

If I go somewhere and have to touch a pin pad or door handle a quick squirt of brakecleaner fixes that.
Yep good old brake cleaner the mechanics hand sanitizer lol. At least we get the good stuff here in Virginia though lol.

They've been saying on talk radio a new mutated strain has been discovered. The first case in Houston was found today.

The reaction is worse on the 2nd shot. Moderna is using a 100 ug shot whereas the Pfizer one was 30 ug. Moderna used the higher dose because they had a better reaction from older folks to the higher dose. That's why there's talk of cutting the dose to 50 ug for the 18-55 age group. But they didn't really test that so that is on hold for now. On the other hand, the reaction isn't as bad the older you are as the immune system isn't as strong.
Interesting; had not heard that. I know my teenage daughter has some concerns, as she often reacts to the flu vaccine, and then my wife is allergic to bees. I'm in my 40's but don't recall to reacting to anything (outside of that tetnus shot--I swear it's gotten worse as the years go by).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back