Got the ***** vaccine today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably get them every year at least, flu shot. Got the shingles shot last year. Some people I told about it weren't interested in getting it, then I told them about a co-worker who got shingles and lost the vision in one of his eyes. Now it's an empty socket. Then they end up getting it.

I've never been an anti-vaxxer.. I HAVE been a healthy adult.

I'm sure, I'm sure, there will come a point where we all have to have it.

Yeah I haven’t had a shot in gosh probably 8 or 9 years now I don’t get any type of shots or anything. I probably need another tetanus shot though working on old cars.

Call me dumb but. Tetanus shot.. Is that after extreme pain?

There are some things I'm glad I never got.

Ouch that’s rough. I faint at the site of blood so I would of been freaking out lol.

That's called vasovagal syncope. I have it. Passed out more than once. But most of the time just turn white and come real close to losing consciousness. Was in the hospital about 15 months ago for operation and was going great until I saw the IV needle. I can handle shots and blood samples. Just don't look.

Call me dumb but. Tetanus shot.. Is that after extreme pain?

There are some things I'm glad I never got.
No silly it’s for rust lol so if you get rust on you or it enters through like a cut or something you won’t catch any infections.

I mean... well that was a long time ago but I don't believe I've ever seen anyone actually faint.

I wonder if that is the only way the vaccine will be administered.
The two doses approved now is a shot, same as all the other 3 still in the works, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax, AstraZeneca. There's talk about having different kinds but if there's a different type of application, that would also have to be approved and Pfizer is working on a formation that doesn't have the cold chain requirements but that will also be a while before that hits the market and it's still a shot.

That's called vasovagal syncope. I have it. Passed out more than once. But most of the time just turn white and come real close to losing consciousness. Was in the hospital about 15 months ago for operation and was going great until I saw the IV needle. I can handle shots and blood samples. Just don't look.
Yeah I haven’t had to deal with that luckily thank goodness.

I hate needles. So I look the other way whenever I have to get a shot (or have blood drawn). Many things in life are unpleasant. Just have to grin and bear it.

I had concerns about this shot, but not now. I'll take my chances with the reaction, haven't had one yet, so I'm guessing no problem. I kinda can't wait, I mean, the sooner the more likely the dumpster fire that was 2020 will be finished and gone.

I hate needles. So I look the other way whenever I have to get a shot (or have blood drawn). Many things in life are unpleasant. Just have to grin and bear it.

I had concerns about this shot, but not now. I'll take my chances with the reaction, haven't had one yet, so I'm guessing no problem. I kinda can't wait, I mean, the sooner the more likely the dumpster fire that was 2020 will be finished and gone.

Wait until you get the old prostate checked.

I want to get it. Needles don't scare me; my skinny wife is a type 1 diabetic and I see her stick a needle in her body all the time.
According to my wife, the shot doesn't hurt, insulin doesn't hurt, but flu shots will make your arm sore and it's not the needle, it's the vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back