Got some new stuff yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC00478.jpg

Gear oil is already in the truck, motor oil is already in the Mustang.

The Mustang has never run so smooth and quiet...EVER. It's seen M1 and PP in the past. It seems the 4V is loving Red Line.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Looks like the fuel additive is already in something also.

It's in the F150
19.gif

What oil did the Mustang not show any love for (IE, made it run not as smoothly and quietly as RL does)?

Originally Posted By: Nayov
What oil did the Mustang not show any love for (IE, made it run not as smoothly and quietly as RL does)?

PP 5W-20, PP 5W-30, M1 5W-20, M1 5W-30. It always seemed to do a bit better with PP versus M1 and a bit better with 5W-30 versus 5W-20, but the Red Line makes it sound like I stuffed pillows in the wheel wells. Dramatic difference!
20.gif
20.gif
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
What's the CV-2 for?

Wheel bearings

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: Nayov

PP 5W-20, PP 5W-30, M1 5W-20, M1 5W-30. It always seemed to do a bit better with PP versus M1 and a bit better with 5W-30 versus 5W-20, but the Red Line makes it sound like I stuffed pillows in the wheel wells. Dramatic difference!
20.gif
20.gif
happy2.gif

That sounds very much like my experience going from M1 5w20 to TDT 5w40 on mine, or the 0w40 on mom and dad's. HUGE sound difference.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
That sounds very much like my experience going from M1 5w20 to TDT 5w40 on mine, or the 0w40 on mom and dad's. HUGE sound difference.

It makes me curious about what's accomplishing it. It's a genuinely major difference, I think the difference in my car would be obvious even to people that don't have the ability to "read" an engine.

That's like my dad. First thing he said was "wow, that is a LOT quieter", and I hadn't mentioned that it was going to happen.....

That's like my dad. First thing he said was "wow, that is a LOT quieter", and I hadn't mentioned that it was going to happen.....

lol.gif

I do think M1's 40 weights are the best oils in their lineup.

lol.gif

I disagree with that . Their 40wts are great but for the purpose they are designed for. I've used M1 oils for 31 years and their all very good for thair purpose. You can make a noisey engine quiter with STP or other oil thickeners. Both of my Fords are very quite with the 5-30. How quite? I can't even here the engine in the Fusion outside the car.

Originally Posted By: tig1

lol.gif

I disagree with that . Their 40wts are great but for the purpose they are designed for. I've used M1 oils for 31 years and their all very good for thair purpose. You can make a noisey engine quiter with STP or other oil thickeners. Both of my Fords are very quite with the 5-30. How quite? I can't even here the engine in the Fusion outside the car.

I would be willing to wager they would be notably quieter with Red Line if you aren't deaf. Regarding thickeners quieting an engine, RL 5W-30 is actually thinner at temp than M1 5W-30. I believe M1 0W-40 and M1 TDT are better overall formulations than their generic GF-4 20 and 30 weight siblings, which are nothing particularly special these days, IMHO.

And before you go on defending M1 5W-30, remember that I'm the guy that posted these: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1564814&page=1

I'm a long time M1 user myself.

I had the Focus hood up the other day and noticed how clearly I could I could hear the injectors clicking. I have a stethoscope and place it on the valve cover and was very quite. Then placed it on the injector rail and could clearly here the injectors clicking away.

Last edited:
Yep, I'm very familiar with injector noise. Red Line didn't effect that...
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back