Got ripped off big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car was gotten into today and they stole my GPS unit and my VISA card. VISA security called me about suspicious transactions. There were 6 I didn't do in about 1 hours time.
I checked my car and found my card and Garmin gone. Whoever took it was slick and put things back in my wallet and left my Garmin case so it looked like it was still there.

Luckily the stores they went to have great camera systems and log every transaction so it is easy to I.D who purchased what and when.

I still feel very violated and am out the cost of my Garmin but at least the Visa stuff is covered.

That sucks.

Why was your VISA card left inside your car ?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
My car was gotten into today and they stole my GPS unit and my VISA card.

Luckily you didn't keep your family jewels in the car for safekeeping!

Originally Posted By: moribundman
My car was gotten into today and they stole my GPS unit and my VISA card.

Luckily you didn't keep your family jewels in the car for safekeeping!

24.gif

Gard your jewelsnut!

I keep my wallet hidden in my flip up center console. But not hidden good enough! Probably 95% of the time I lock my doors. It appears this was the 5%............
mad.gif

Last edited:
It is too big to fit comfortably in my pocket.............
beer3.gif

Last edited:
It is too big to fit comfortably in my pocket.............
beer3.gif

Good one.
I will bet anybody here that they won't get caught, but if they do, they won't be prosecuted.

ZZman, Sorry to hear that... Always gotta leave things out of site, and I would keep your credit-card on you and not in the car.

My Garmin GPS was stolen, not once, but twice! Once I left the window open in my truck to run in and get a coffee. I was out of the truck 5 minutes tops and it was gone.
mad.gif

The second time they smashed the drivers side window on my '95 Neon.
mad.gif

Now I take it off the windshield, including the mount when not in use.

I also got my front windows tinted (other reasons) which helps. I hide everything in the secret compartment under the floor panel in the trunk. Brief case, laptop etc.
45.gif

I keep my wallet hidden in my flip up center console. But not hidden good enough! Probably 95% of the time I lock my doors. It appears this was the 5%............
mad.gif

don't tell that to your insurance company, they won't reimburse you. better delete your post.

We kept change in the ashtrays. You don't lock a jeep with a soft top. Punks stealing change just took the ashtrays and threw them away down the street. I replaced them. They did it again. Now we have no ashtrays.

I used to goto the mall in my Wrangler, no top, no doors. My buddies and I would be two 24 pack cases of Mountain Dew and Code Red Mountain Dew.

Opened the boxes and left a note on each of the boxes on the back seat saying saying to take 1. My Kenwood radio etc was left in the car(never took the faceplate off etc). Glovebox was the only thing locked. Never took anything, no change. soda, natta.

Scary thing is, if they really wanted to, they could just take my engine, stupid external latches to the engine bay.

I once left my wallet in my cubicle and the company hired a bunch of kids doing some ISO audit, one went to my cube and I ask if I can help him, he said no and ran away. A couple hours later I notice my cash was gone ($70) and called security. They review the tape, conclude the kid stole it, but didn't have enough evidence to press charges with police, so they fire him.

Yay, it was only a few days of work and he got my cash and the pay without working the last day! What an accomplishment.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I once left my wallet in my cubicle and the company hired a bunch of kids doing some ISO audit, one went to my cube and I ask if I can help him, he said no and ran away. A couple hours later I notice my cash was gone ($70) and called security. They review the tape, conclude the kid stole it, but didn't have enough evidence to press charges with police, so they fire him.

Yay, it was only a few days of work and he got my cash and the pay without working the last day! What an accomplishment.

I would have had a word with that kid in the parking lot, just out of view of the cameras (you know, so they "didn't have enough evidence to press charges with police".....seems fitting, no?).

Originally Posted By: Anies
Scary thing is, if they really wanted to, they could just take my engine, stupid external latches to the engine bay.

Get hood locks. My best friend lost 1 old battery and 2 brand new batteries this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back