Got new tires for the trailer today

I usually use Sailun for load range G tires but they were not available timely for me. Discount tire wanted to much money for the Hartland all steel tire they carry, like close to 200 dollars a tire. The one local tire guy that I trust is a Hercules dealer and I have heard from more than one person that their trailer tires are pretty good.
So I got 4 ST235/85/16 LRG with a speed code of L (75mph). I am doing about 5k of driving with this trailer in the next few months so hopefully these hold up. Plant code says made by Ling Long in Thailand. Hercules H901 website

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Someone was working during the pandemic
31.gif
LoL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I just put a Ling Long Crosswind M/T on as the spare for my Samurai. $98 for a hard to find 215/75R15 mud tire is hard to beat. All I have to go on is appearance, but it is a good looking tire. Apparently a lot of Chinese tire companies have built new factories in Thailand because of their rubber production and the sanctions we have on imports from China. Going to be seeing a lot more tires coming out of there.

What kind of trailer is this? Load Range G, I've never even heard of that. Must be a serious trailer.

It's a higher LR than factory but I'm ok with that

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Nick1994
What kind of trailer is this? Load Range G, I've never even heard of that. Must be a serious trailer.

I don't care where they come from-as I don't curb hop, exceed their speed ratings, scrub the tires (in a tight turn) and always check my inflation. Consequently-I have run Chinese trailer tires to the East Coast and back without issues.

I'm a semi mechanic. Semi's have tires with different tread patters for steer, drive and trailer. Those tires have a similar tread pattern of a typical semi trailer tire which is ideal.
I prefer tires made in the USA, but we tested a brand from Sailun and they were reliable out lasted many other tires.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
It's a higher LR than factory but I'm ok with that

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Nick1994

Nice looking rig BeerCan, you hauling your Porsches in that thing?

Originally Posted by CKN
I don't care where they come from-as I don't curb hop, exceed their speed ratings, scrub the tires (in a tight turn) and always check my inflation. Consequently-I have run Chinese trailer tires to the East Coast and back without issues.

That's the big one ... People let their travel trailer sit for 11 months. Then they hook it up to their big diesel, never check the tire pressure, then hop on the highway and run 90MPH with the thing overloaded. Then blame the Chinese tires when they fail.

I've seen these tires getting good reviews for trailer use on RV forums. Never knew they were Ling Longs in disguise.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
I'm a semi mechanic. Semi's have tires with different tread patters for steer, drive and trailer. Those tires have a similar tread pattern of a typical semi trailer tire which is ideal.
I prefer tires made in the USA, but we tested a brand from Sailun and they were reliable out lasted many other tires.

I just had to replace the tires on my heavy 5th wheel toy hauler. I had Michelin load range J XTA tires, just put on Michelin load range J Multi X T2 tires. No issues with the XTAs, hopefully the Multi X T2s will be just as good. Any experience with those tires?

Originally Posted by FordFocus
215/75R17.5? XTA were good tires.

Yes. They were great, until they were vandalized. I was just curious if he (or you) had experience with the X Multi T2. I'm assuming they'll be good too.

Last edited:
Tire companys started making load range g's for 15" wheels. Im waiting for my trailer to wear out the set it has right now to buy them, I like the "Semi" look to them.

Goodyear is the only company i know of that makes trailer tires in the USA. I believe it is called the Endurance line.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura

Goodyear is the only company i know of that makes trailer tires in the USA. I believe it is called the Endurance line.

Guy at work has used them since they came out, he's very pleased with them …
(heavy farm equipment).
Have seen our local Goodyear store putting them on 3 axle livestock trailers …

Just did 2500k on these and they performed fine. Fully loaded they grew about 10% in pressure and stayed cool according to my tpms. I have another 2500k trip coming soon.

Back