Got my new wheels today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still have to put the chrome center caps. I really like these old fashioned steel wheels, not the cheesy ones it had.
The old wheels were 7" wide with 225/70/15s. The new are 6.5" wide with 205/75/15s.
wheels_zps582873c6.jpg

Originally Posted By: redhat
...the Ranger looks 10x better.

lol.gif
You are right! Those are the EXACT words I said when they mounted them on the truck! Thanks

Some guy put a lift kit on my 1998 F150 and put big wheels on it.
My Father-in-law bought smaller wheels for it when it was his.
I was given it as a wedding gift.
I only drive it when it is needed, like moving family, or hauling lawn equipment. So it doesn't see much use.

Next time I have to purchase tires I will seriously consider the steelies.
Much more robust than the aluminum jobs that are currently on there, And I really don't need big ole off-road tires.

I'm not sure the last time I've gone trail blazing.

What do you call the atrocities that were on it. They hardly qualify as wheels but that they are round. They are about the cheapest looking and the construction guarantees they hold water and rust. I think they are a deception to make new car buyers think they are getting fancy wheels.

As to the Steelies a lot of hot rodders use them. : Check out this site, They sell steelies (not cheap by any means) but scroll down and see the fine muscle cars looking quite nice in steelies.

Mine cost me $100 for all four. They came off a Marquis.

Also had the shop mount them using a 4-way wrench instead of over tightening them with a air gun.

Here is why I wanted to get rid of the wheels (besides their being ugly, cheezy, fake fancy):
WheelRot_zps3e9cca88.jpg

Pretty serious rot, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back