Got my new General RT43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 4 new generals rt 43 on my cruze two days ago.

I have to say, they are very very smooth riding and quiet, even more than the primacy mxv4 on my dad's malibu.

its a big step up over the firestone fr 710.

Its very suprising the quality of this tire, for almost half the price of michelin's.

Yea my MiL has been happy with them on her Corolla.

Make sure to rotate them on time. I have heard the open tread on them will wear uneven and cause road noise. Only real complaint I have seen so far.

I like these and the Cooper CS5 tires right now.

Fwiw, I think you made a good choice. Put a set on my Accord last fall, finding them to be a very good tire and the price was right. Time will tell about tread wear, but the warranty is good.

I can speak by experience,great tires that are smooth,quiet,steer easy and get great winter traction.

I love mine, 200 miles away from 14k miles and 7-1/2 months on them. I'll take them to get rotated at 14k miles (were first done at 7k).

Glad you are happy with them, tire shopping is hit and miss these days.
I looked at them a few weeks ago when I was replacing my summer tires.
Went with the Toyos in my sig instead.

Excellent tire though not as quiet as the Bridgestone Serenity Plus. Too noisy on the 93 240 so swapping them for some Continentals this week. I've run the RT43s in snow in Stowe VT and found them surprising good.

Last edited:
Probably at the top of my list of all seasons. They've won more than a handful of awards. Apparently great in the snow too.

The need for more than one set of tires is getting to be less and less.

I don't think I've ever heard a negative review.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back