Got my new Accutron Amerigo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my new Bulova Accutron 2 tone wrist watch for one of my retirement gifts from the company catalog. This is from Accutron's Amerigo Collection(~$995 msrp).

Looks great and has a Ronda 8040N movement with the double date windows at the 6:00 position and the day of the week at the 12:00 position(with the snap back feature)...Mon-Sun, then snaps back! And Saphire Crystal. SS w/Rose Gold.

Looks brilient and they can always be had much cheaper on Amazon though, mine is a gift from my company:

http://www.amazon.com/Accutron-Amerigo-Black-Chronograph-65C110/dp/B007VDTQTK

Last edited:
Congrats. Coincidentally, just friday I ordered a Bulova, paid for by my company as a 15th year gift, from the website; although not a 1K, or even close gift, i might like getting back to wearing watches again.

I have over 70 wrist watches ranging from my dad's 1930's, '40s, 50's Bulova's, Elgin's, Gruin's, Benrus', Timex, all the way to todays watches. Mostly windups & automatics with some quartz movements as well.

I have been wearing, and sort'a collecting watches since the 1970's. Nothing that is considered collectable but, valuable just the same. And all are very nicely made watches in my collection. I like the semi-different watches than the norm...different than what my friends/family are wearing
laugh.gif

Several Chronographs and Master Calendar watches(I love sub dials & pushers) along with the typical 3 hand(Hour, Min, Sec) with plenty of 4 hand GMT's(Hour, Min, Sec, GMT) and world timers(~30 time zones).

Last edited:
Just dug up my grandfather's retirement watch; a 1962 Hamilton Thinline 4001. Probably hasn't run since about 1991. A couple of turns and it is ticking away.

Since 1979, I've had my uncle's 1945 Benson Electra ***(3 star) wrist watch that he got when he returned home from the WAR!

Somethimes I don't wear it for 5-6 yrs at a time. Anytime I wind it up and put it on, sit runs "almost" perfect. Looses a little time throughout the day but man, is it a beauty!

Something I DID NOT KNOW!

In 2014, Bulova has stopped marketing/selling the Accutron/Accutron By Bulova brands. Now, changing to AccuSwiss to differenciate their Swiss made brand watches. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulova

I will miss the name, "ACCUTRON"
frown.gif

Last edited:
I miss the original Accutrons with the tuning fork movement. There was nothing else like 'em on the market in the '60s and '70s. In 1999 I bought a 1967 Accutron "doctor's watch" from an online shop. How many watches do you see with the Latin words for "Count to 20 beats" printed around the dial?

It's a little small for me, so I don't wear it often, and right now it needs a new battery; but I'd always wanted one as a kid, and this one is great.

Char, yours looks great. I've been meaning to get myself a chronograph.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I miss the original Accutrons with the tuning fork movement. There was nothing else like 'em on the market in the '60s and '70s. In 1999 I bought a 1967 Accutron "doctor's watch" from an online shop. How many watches do you see with the Latin words for "Count to 20 beats" printed around the dial?

It's a little small for me, so I don't wear it often, and right now it needs a new battery; but I'd always wanted one as a kid, and this one is great.

I used to work with a country boy that played banjo, guitar, you name it. He told me he could put his accutron up to his ear and use it to tune his instruments.

A nice swiss quartz for under $300 is not too shabby. I like watches and have a fondness for vintage Omegas. My dream is to get a 60's era Constellation with the pie-pan dial. Hard to justify $4-digit price, particularly since I rarely wear a watch anymore.

Yes, wrist watches can be a pricey toy! I love'em and wear a watch everyday! I can't go without one on my wrist. I once forgot to put on a wrist watch when my wife & I went mall shopping. Guess what?

Yep, I bought another watch!

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral

Ya know, I love a nice Chrono but, what really makes sence to me is the calendar watches with subdials and pushers. Looks like a chronograph from 5 ft away but, is more usefull to me everyday!

I have both chrono and calendar watches along with several 3 & 4 hand watches(Sec, Min, Hour... & GMT functions). I also like diver and pilot style watches with the rotating bezels. So many to choose from between, Minute, Speed, Distance & Compass functions on the bezels. And I only know how to use them a little
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back