Got my Chevron oil fix.....ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally,after almost 6 months,my local Super Wal-Mart finally ordered some more 10W30 Chevron Supreme dino oil! Those long hot nights,shaking and not being able to sleep are finally over!
spaz.gif

Anyway,I was considering 4 quarts of the Chevron and 2 quarts of Havoline synthetic; any opinions?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BlueOvalFitter:
Anyway,I was considering 4 quarts of the Chevron and 2 quarts of Havoline synthetic; any opinions?
dunno.gif

That's what I do, only 5.5 quarts chevron, 1 quart havoline. Seems to be working pretty well...

Oz,what type of vehicle are you running this in? Mines a 97 F150,4.2V6,97K miles. You think only 5 to 1 would be ok for me,or the 4 to 2 mixture I originally posted? What weight are you using?

It's in a Jeep 4.0. I could probably run bacon grease in this thing and be fine.
grin.gif
I'm using 10w40 Chevron and 10w30 havoline. The more you use the better, I'm just too cheap to use more than one quart.
grin.gif

What's the benefit of mixing 2 different oils? Wouldn't it be better just to use all Chevron ?? What is there to gain by mixing different Brand oils??
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Boeing 757 Pilot:
What's the benefit of mixing 2 different oils? Wouldn't it be better just to use all Chevron ?? What is there to gain by mixing different Brand oils??
dunno.gif

It is homemade synthetic blend. Cheaper than any synthetic blend you can buy already made, and with a higher percentage of synthetic. Also chevron and havoline are the same brand, their dino oil is exactly the same.

Pilot,we're talking about making our own synthetic blend.Chevron dino and Havoline synthetic.Why dont I just buy blend oil? Because they dont state how much synthetic oil is mixed with the dino.**** ,they could add 1 teaspoon and call it a blend.My way I know i'm making a good blend.
cool.gif

You guys think just like me! I use Havoline dino mixed with Havoline syn though, at a 4 to 1 ratio. I use it in my Taurus and Explorer. Seems like a match made in heaven. I posted a while back that emailed ChevronTexaco and asked if it was ok to mix the two. Their response was "yes they are compatible if you wish to mix them..."
cheers.gif

Havoline dino is only about $.84 a quart at walmart, isnt it? Black bottle, red cap? How much is the synthetic? Ive been using Exxon Superflo ($.99) or Castrol GTX ($1.25) 5W-30 in my cars, should I change to havoline homebrew blend?

Its funny the aura around it. I have always used Chevron Supreme in my yard equipment before reading this board for the only reason that I did some IT work for them about 4 years ago. I knew the company and it was only a $1/QT.

My dad retired last year.He had his own backhoe/dozer company and used Chevron products for almost 30 years in his machines,trucks and personal cars.Ive always been a Chevron products user,in one form or the other;grease,oil,fuel,etc.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back