Got me a netbook!

I love these things. Got an ASUS Eee PC with a 10.5 hour battery. I'm digging this thing so far and it was <$350 shipped to my door. All and all I can't say that I miss my 7lb Toshiba for home use. I might as well just call it my BITOG life link LOL.

Walmart had a big sale on HP notebook for $298, not sure how good they are, or if its that good a deal.

Netbooks are great, I had an Asus 1000HA, but I couldn't handle the size of the keyboard.. I could eek about 6-7 hours out of it if I turned all of the stuff that wasn't in use off.

pickled

Wow...Wally is dipping hard into HP's inventory and pockets for a deal like that. I am always on the laptop at work and was getting sick of lugging it back and forth from my lab and shlupping it around to different client locations so I went with this netbook concept. It runs XP, has lots of USB and video connectivity, a 1.66 GHZ processor, 160 GB hard drive and the little display rocks. Couple that with the battery life of 10.5 hours and it weighing in at 3 lbs I am pretty stoked.

HP netbooks running the HP mobil version of Linux start at $280 with free shipping from Newegg you can order it from HP as well. The XP version is $20 more. My wife just ordered one from HP with XP(her preference), second gig of RAM, upgraded processor, bigger battery, and wireless mouse for $389.

Last edited:

pickled

1005HA-P...it's killer and I could see this serving me well when I need to perform field data logging. I just installed my backup copies of Minitab 15, Turbo CAD and CAM plugin, Open Office and LS edit...it just keeps asking for more LOL.

What are the specs? I have a Asus 1000HD w/ the intel celeron 900MHZ CPU, 160GB HDD, and upgraded 2GB RAM. I triple-boot Windows XP, 7 and Ubuntu. I use it for vehicle OBDII diagnostics and for school.