Got intentionally ran over by old man this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was on my way to the bus station and a 94 year old man ran me down at a crosswalk.

I had the walk signal, was halfway across the road when this old geezer who was turning left sped up and slammed straight into me!

My feet left the ground and my head hit the pavement and split my forehead open. Then the son of a ***** got out of his car, stood over me and told me I can't walk in front of his car.

Ambulance was there within a minute or so because I was less than a block from the fire station. Had witnesses and everything.

I have retained a lawyer, the best rated one locally and am in the process of getting documentation from the police department. The officer took pictures of my head before they stitched it.

All in all I got lucky. I didn't black out at all. But I've got a swollen head, concussion, swollen leg and 14 stitches. I can't wait for the lawyer to spank the insurance company.

Attachments

• 20200914_052534.jpg
    20200914_052534.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 56
So I was on my way to the bus station and a 94 year old man ran me down at a crosswalk.

I had the walk signal, was halfway across the road when this old geezer who was turning left sped up and slammed straight into me!

My feet left the ground and my head hit the pavement and split my forehead open. Then the son of a ***** got out of his car, stood over me and told me I can't walk in front of his car.

Ambulance was there within a minute or so because I was less than a block from the fire station. Had witnesses and everything.

I have retained a lawyer, the best rated one locally and am in the process of getting documentation from the police department. The officer took pictures of my head before they stitched it.

All in all I got lucky. I didn't black out at all. But I've got a swollen head, concussion, swollen leg and 14 stitches. I can't wait for the lawyer to spank the insurance company.

Glad to hear you are okay (well sort of) after that, it could have been a lot worse not that this isn't bad enough.

So sorry to hear about this. Pay more attention to your health and any possible effects down the road that no amount of money will fix. I speak from experience.

I hope your injuries heal well, inside and outside. You could easily be dead right now. Thank goodness you are still here to tell your tale.

Not aimed at you personally - I see people today that were never taught to look before AND while crossing. Pedestrians take for granted that they always have the right of way. Signal turns green and they blindly start walking without one glance to "clear the intersection". In today's world of distracted and incompetent drivers, it is just not worth the result to stand up for your rights with your body vs. a heavy vehicle. I bicycle a bit and see cyclists put themselves in harms way also - because it is their right. Foolish. Don't trust drivers nor crosswalk signals!

Off my old man pulpit now. Heal quickly and 100%.

Last edited:
Holy crap!! As doitmyself said, keep any health impacts on your mind in the future, sometimes this stuff doesn't present itself until long after the incident. My mom was in a car accident (got rear-ended) and suffered a mild traumatic head injury. Thought she was fine for a substantial period, had been checked out at the hospital, all was well supposedly. Started forgetting her student's names and then briefly forgetting where she was, this culminated in a total mental breakdown at the airport when she was coming down to visit the rest of us (we had moved, she had stayed because she hadn't found a replacement job yet) and she couldn't remember who she was, why she was there...etc. It's been 25 years and while she continues to improve she has struggled with serious short-term memory loss and her personality changed. There's no amount of money that would fix any of that.

So it wasn't actually intentional it was accidental, despite your thread title.

And I'm a little unsure about the whole "lawyer spanking the insurance company" thing? What was the problem there?

So it wasn't actually intentional it was accidental, despite your thread title.

And I'm a little unsure about the whole "lawyer spanking the insurance company" thing? What was the problem there?

He sped up and hit me. It was intentional.

The driver that hit my wife head-on had no license, no insurance, no money. End up sort of suing your own insurance company. I encourage everyone to have uninsured motorist coverage, especially in Michigan (high rate of uninsured drivers and no fault insurance).

With that old guy's attitude, surprised me he didn't just take off after hitting you.

I’m sorry that you’re injured, but very glad it wasn’t worse.

We’ve heard one side of the story, and without the other side, we will never be able to determine right/wrong or fault. Idle, inflammatory, speculation, of the kind starting to be posted, isn’t going to help the OP.

So, it’s lock time.

I encourage everyone to have uninsured motorist coverage, especially in Michigan (high rate of uninsured drivers and no fault insurance).
The last time I talked to my insurance agent, he said the rate of uninsured motorists in Michigan is 10%. In Miami it's 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back