Got Casrol Syntech 5W40. Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AutoZone was out of GC 0W30 so I picked up some Castrol Syntech 5W40. Anyone have any reports on this?

BTW, oil will be used in 302 that will be run fairly hard *track day}.

That stuff is junk man, you will be spittin pistons all over the track.> J/K I think it is very good oil that just doesnt have the following of GC. Since I have a big problem buying anything from mobile right now. I would really like to see some more options for the 5w40 guys.

syntec 5w40 =
fruit.gif

Kinda pressed for time so I think I'll go ahead and run it but what does everyone think? try to find more GC 0W30 or will this stuff work as well.

I have used it with no problems as a VW/Audi 502 approved oil in turbo engines. It's a good oil, but somewhat overpriced.
Another option is Shell Rotella T 5w-40, also a very good oil.
You'll be fine with the Syntec.

Wow, an oil that's good stuff. Guess I gotta pay more attention to Syntec. Sounds like a good brew for the Saab if I can catch it on sale.

Like mentioned on that label? In the manual they require ACEA A3, B3, B4 OR API SJ/SL 5W30/40 with 0W30,40,50 optional. Most folks try to go for the ACEA standard but the pickings are meager here. M1 0W40 meets the ACEA and lots use that but just as many use M1 5W30 that doesn't.

I just use whatever and change often. The previous owner already ruined mine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back