got an angry letter from the RIAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been using Soulseek for about six months now, everything was going fine. I only shared my library with people that I was DL'ing from. Very cool. I've been trying to download the entire 'Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs of all-time' and I was about half way done.

Today I go out to my mailbox to find an envelope with a distinct 'RIAA' letterhead on it. I flipped **** and opened it up to find a pretty harsh letter from the RIAA, basically telling me that they are going to sue me (I have about 3,000 mp3s on my computer). I called up my mom and my mom got scared she said your moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whisted for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror, if anything i could say that this cab was rare, but i thought nah, forget it, yo home to bel-air!

I-pulled- up to the house about seven or eight, I yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later, looked at my kingdom i was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

People look at this two different ways. It is now at the point where too many people think they just should just be able to get free music off the internet, instaed of buying it like they should. Yes, because its so easy to do and most people get away with it, people do it. We can agree to disagree but, I feel you may have broke the law? And if you did, hopefully justice prevails.

quote:

I called up my mom and my mom got scared she said your moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whisted for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror, if anything i could say that this cab was rare, but i thought nah, forget it, yo home to bel-air!

I-pulled- up to the house about seven or eight, I yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later, looked at my kingdom i was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

it probably all started when you were out playin' some b-ball out by the skool....

I was under the impression that Bill Clinton made it very easy and legal to copy in the US.

I am currently downloading a free copy of WindowsXP because I am on file at a University. Free from Microsoft too, I can download everything they publish. wooooooohoooooooooooooo I can't wait for the new Windows to come out now, I won't have to worry about being a pirate, arrrr

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back