Got a shipment in today.... Havoline 0w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Virginia, it does exist. An early gift to myself...

Havoline_zpsa11e8c3a.jpg

Kinda wished it was the newer "ProDS" formula but I happy. Just in time for the holidays.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
So why do you like this oil?

Can't you read, it has the "highest protection" and a "deposit shield."
whistle.gif

Last edited:

Mostly habit/history... I kinda wanted it just because availability is "limited/non-existent" and thus having it is "odd". I normally run the cost/benefit for a given oil and Havoline has traditionally been a easy favorite considering it was often paired with locals specials and a MIR (not uncommon to get 5qts for $15-19 + filter). Still, with the new car demanding 0w20, I have not been able to use "my brand"... as Chevron has not really pushed it onto the shelves. It traditionally gives good, steady UOA so why change? I don't really need extended OCI so ... mostly it was just to find it.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

Can't you read, it has the "highest protection" and a "deposit shield."
whistle.gif

LOL. If only it were that simple

You mention gifts to yourself, Havoline and its Christmas time. Why am I suddenly thinking of Bob Hope. I sure do miss him.

I would like to see a VOA for that. Chevron doesn't skimp on additives and they usually make a well balanced oil. Its nice to actually see a bottle of it. I have yet to see one in person.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
If it's not dexos approved its no good

Dexos 1 only applies to GM vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Yes, Virginia, it does exist.

It doesn't exist here in Virginia ;p

Well, neither does Ukrops, Braves, VCU football or Circuit City :p Still angry about Ukrops as I would ship their cakes down here along with my 0w20

I still have a few quarts of Havoline 0W20 from a case of 12 that was given to me for free. I complained to Chevron executives in writing, that it was not worth using because it was nonexistent on the retail level. When I came home from work, it was at my doorstep. This was about 3 years ago.

The product data sheets for the ones I have were cst@40C of 41 and cst@100C of 8.0. That is about as low as you are going to find for a 20 wt. oil. It also carries Ford approvals. My son's, 2004 Ford Focus, mpg increased about 1.3 mpg over the previous Motorcraft 5W20 that was previously being used. The current ProDs version has been thickened up a bit, cst@40C of 45 and cst@100C of 8.5. Pretty typical for a 20 wt oil, so I have no desire to use it.

If you guys go to the trouble of looking for the Chevron distributor in your state, you too, can find it - just in time for winter.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Yes, Virginia, it does exist.

It doesn't exist here in Virginia ;p

Well, neither does Ukrops, Braves, VCU football or Circuit City :p Still angry about Ukrops as I would ship their cakes down here along with my 0w20

I did a drive by of the old Circuit City HQ a few months ago and there are a bunch of small businesses in there now. Martins bought out Ukrops and has totally ruined it. VCU should stick with basketball, they are pretty good at it. The Flying Squirrels are our baseball team now, I haven't made it to a game yet (its been around 5 years since they arrived) but I hear that it is a great atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back